Discus tank pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kingcichlid87 said:
Hi guys i thought id make this so people can get the pics of there discus tanks and show everyone what you got ..

post pics now :)

Hey there I'm new to this . But this is where I'm at ^___^ . Also does anyone happen to know what kind of koi this is ? Thanks in advance .

Attachments

• image-2676282253.jpg
    image-2676282253.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 214
  • image-1225002449.jpg
    image-1225002449.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 210
Also does anyone happen to know what kind of koi this is ? Thanks in advance .

You only have 2 Koi visible in the photos -- the large one and the little white fish -- with the rest being Common Goldfish. The large Koi should no longer be in an aquarium either -- it belongs in a pond -- at that size. That said, it's impossible to tell which type you have without seeing it from the top to see what pattern the colors form. If you didn't get them from a reputable Koi breeder, it's likely that they are "mutts". Still pretty =)

Fizgig777 said:
You only have 2 Koi visible in the photos -- the large one and the little white fish -- with the rest being Common Goldfish. The large Koi should no longer be in an aquarium either -- it belongs in a pond -- at that size. That said, it's impossible to tell which type you have without seeing it from the top to see what pattern the colors form. If you didn't get them from a reputable Koi breeder, it's likely that they are "mutts". Still pretty =)

Hey thanks for replying ..
Really I thought I only had the 1 . I took this pic perhaps it could help in ID. It .

Thank you soo much again .

Attachments

• image-209779843.jpg
    image-209779843.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 203
  • image-4022762072.jpg
    image-4022762072.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 195
Take that back... From this new angle, your little white fish is also a Common Goldfish. As for that Koi, it's definitely a "mutt". It's a beauty nonetheless!

My Discus

These guys are great! Such intelligence, for a fish anyway. They are always so inquistive and great pets and oh so pretty...

DSC04669.jpg

DSC04671.jpg

DSC04672.jpg

DSC04650.jpg

Those are some beautiful fish! Really makes me want to trade in the angels for some discus, but I've heard they're pretty high maintenance, and I honestly just don't have the time to do any more than the weekly maintenance I already do on both my aquariums.

Rlavassor86 said:
Those are some beautiful fish! Really makes me want to trade in the angels for some discus, but I've heard they're pretty high maintenance, and I honestly just don't have the time to do any more than the weekly maintenance I already do on both my aquariums.

My boyfriend and I have actually had an easier time with our discus than our angels. We do 50-60% (sometimes heavier) water changes in our discus tanks weekly and our water parameters are always perfect.

I think once the tank is established and the fish get comfortable they aren't as difficult as they are made out to be. They are great fish but I personally think that angels can be just as captivating if you really are worried about it!

AngelLover said:
My boyfriend and I have actually had an easier time with our discus than our angels. We do 50-60% (sometimes heavier) water changes in our discus tanks weekly and our water parameters are always perfect.

I think once the tank is established and the fish get comfortable they aren't as difficult as they are made out to be. They are great fish but I personally think that angels can be just as captivating if you really are worried about it!

Don't get me wrong, I love my angels I've just always liked how discus look. I hear they are actually harder as juveniles than they are as adults. The guy I actually adopted most of my angels from have them to me because he was getting discus. He got some pretty young ones says he does daily 50% pwc and had to get an auto feeder he said they need like 5 feedings a day. They are definitely something I want to keep down the road but for now my tanks and my 3 and 1 year old take up most of my free time.

Rlavassor86 said:
Don't get me wrong, I love my angels I've just always liked how discus look. I hear they are actually harder as juveniles than they are as adults. The guy I actually adopted most of my angels from have them to me because he was getting discus. He got some pretty young ones says he does daily 50% pwc and had to get an auto feeder he said they need like 5 feedings a day. They are definitely something I want to keep down the road but for now my tanks and my 3 and 1 year old take up most of my free time.

We got ours older, not sure how old to be exact but our smallest one is about 3 inches tall not including the fins. After we got them adjusted they have been no trouble! We feed them twice a day on flakes and freeze dried+frozen bloodworms. They are very intelligent and fun to watch! But you are right, I have heard that buying them young requires a lot more work if you want them to develop properly, etc...

Yes they are a bit of work I do a 4 bucket water change every 2 days but they are worth it. They have more character than anyother fish I've owned.

well they can be high maintanace depends what size they are when you buy them i guess . if you buy adult ones a weekly water change is fine you just need to keep the ph level steady as they dont like the ph to change to much. aslong as you got clean water and a steady ph you will be fine with them . and i only use normal tap water and my ph is at 7.0 and there all fine.

nice pics people some lovely fish there angellover

Back
Top Bottom