edit:my now CLEAN really dirty tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obedey

Aquarium Advice Activist
lol i put some river sand in and its really dirty :lol: its not really a tank either its half the liner of a 44gallon drum
427200550701AM5899_TN.jpg

I cleaned the sand and now it looks like this
t2428200553614AM329_TN.jpg

you can make fish tanks out of those?!?!??!

*runs to HD* *comes back with a 125 gallon rectangle*

aha! cheap fish tanks! although i dont think it will be a fish tank if it could that would be freakin sweet!(quoting Peter Griffin)

so those actually will work as fish tanks?

where did you get it

Well i dont really know if the plastic liner is toxic to the fish :roll: and god knows what kind of chemicals were in the drum. I got it out of my grandfathers shed. He used to work at a concrete place, he probably got it there. It was really black and dirty on the outside when i got it. Dont know wether it was from the metal drum or from sitting in the shed for so long but I spent probably an hour scrubbing it.

you should scrub it again with some kosher salt, scrub it really really hard, fill it with bleach, rinse with water, scrub again with kosher salt and then fill it and it should be clean

If you want them to breed only one female and one male. With some caves (rock work) and if you get enough some of that moss that goes everywhere, baby yabbies can hide in it.

Back
Top Bottom