favorite pet fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that's a lot of dumb fish. What species?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He hasn't got any of my guppies or upside-down cats. Oh snap he ate 3 octocyclis cats too lol

drink more beer

He is a beast lol

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal soon to be planted shrimp/snail/endler breeder tank , 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank or Dwarf Puffer tank

I loved my upsidedown catfish were deff a fav ... Really cool fish ..

125gal Oscar ( soon to swap with 75gal ) , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal waiting for oscar , 10gal ???, 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank

I'm not talking about the syndontis "upside down" catfish... I had a 3 foot giant black upside down mystus cat... He passed away during an ice storm after a week without power he finally succumb.
Rest in peace, Leeroy

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He hasn't got any of my guppies or upside-down cats. Oh snap he ate 3 octocyclis cats too lol

drink more beer

Lol, I had an orange crayfish for a while that loved to lure "dumb fish" into his cave by grabbing a spirulina brine shrimp cube and fanning it towards the entrance... They are fun to watch.

I'm not talking about the syndontis "upside down" catfish... I had a 3 foot giant black upside down mystus cat... He passed away during an ice storm after a week without power he finally succumb.
Rest in peace, Leeroy

Man sorry to hear , yea I was talking about little ones ..

125gal Waiting for C/A cichlids , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal "wet pet "oscar , 10gal soon to be planted shrimp/snail/endler breeder tank , 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank or Dwarf Puffer tank

Man sorry to hear , yea I was talking about little ones ..

125gal Waiting for C/A cichlids , 55gal African Cichlids , 75gal "wet pet "oscar , 10gal soon to be planted shrimp/snail/endler breeder tank , 56gal soon to be a planted angel tank or Dwarf Puffer tank

Pssssst, lol, I'd go with dwarf puffers in the 10g and use the 56g planted for angels, live bearers and snails....

He has had his share of fresh fish for sure. I got over it after around the 5th time.

drink more beer

You click quote on the post that you want to quote/reply to :)

Mmm I guess that's the risk you take having one of those guys. He's beautiful but personally I would get irritated with him eating my fish so I probably wouldn't get one.

Mmm I guess that's the risk you take having one of those guys. He's beautiful but personally I would get irritated with him eating my fish so I probably wouldn't get one.

Yeah I like each of my fish and I get a little attached to them so he definitely would not be for me

Thanks... I'm kinda special.

drink more beer

My sinibotia longiventralis a few years back.... RIP "sneakers", he was the zaniest fish ever and super rare to boot.
My favorite fish currently still with me is my schistura obeini

Lol, I'm guilty of having many pets that enjoy eating my other pets. You get to know the aggressor and the "prey" fish. I think it's a fascination with a highly predatory aquatic pet species for their behavior that stops the emotional connect with the dither/prey species...
Most of my fish don't even have names.... I don't give them names unless they've been with me for a year, then I get a little attached... I wonder how common that is.

Lol, I'm guilty of having many pets that enjoy eating my other pets. You get to know the aggressor and the "prey" fish. I think it's a fascination with a highly predatory aquatic pet species for their behavior that stops the emotional connect with the dither/prey species...
Most of my fish don't even have names.... I don't give them names unless they've been with me for a year, then I get a little attached... I wonder how common that is.

Not all of my fish have names either and I have 7 tanks full. To get a name, one must be a special fish. All the bettas have names (I always get so attached to the bettas), my pink danio glo fish (an accidental buy) is Barbie, I have a zebra danio with a deformed face named hanibal, my super breeding long fin gold danio is big momma, and my first surviving fry is nemo. The rest are identified as "the koi angel, the pretty long fun zebra male, the pearl scale male, the skinny Galaxy rasborras, the banded khuli, the skinny khuli, the baby angel (not a baby any more), the albino cory, the green cory, etc."

My favorite pet fish top 5
1. Veil angel
2. Cory cats
3. Bettas
4. Danios
5. Khuli loaches

Sent from my iPhone

Pssssst, lol, I'd go with dwarf puffers in the 10g and use the 56g planted for angels, live bearers and snails....

LoL I have no idea what I wanna do with this tank I got it for 70 bucks at a yard sale and I'm driving my wife nuts lol going back and forth lol

Not all of my fish have names either and I have 7 tanks full. To get a name, one must be a special fish. All the bettas have names (I always get so attached to the bettas), my pink danio glo fish (an accidental buy) is Barbie, I have a zebra danio with a deformed face named hanibal, my super breeding long fin gold danio is big momma, and my first surviving fry is nemo. The rest are identified as "the koi angel, the pretty long fun zebra male, the pearl scale male, the skinny Galaxy rasborras, the banded khuli, the skinny khuli, the baby angel (not a baby any more), the albino cory, the green cory, etc."

My favorite pet fish top 5
1. Veil angel
2. Cory cats
3. Bettas
4. Danios
5. Khuli loaches

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah it's hard not to name the bettas. We tend to name ours because my sister is 11 and she likes them to have names. The only ones that don't have names are the ones that you can't tell apart lol (although I'm surprised she hasn't named her only leopard danio yet...when our danios accidentally bred we got a leopard from it ;) ) I made a rule that we don't name them until we have had them for at least 2 weeks. Since we keep fish tanks for the fish, we watch them a lot and really get to know them if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom