Finally put my new sand in!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Black Diamond Blasting Sand medium grain. Rinsed in 3 sections. Took 3 hours of rinsing! It was perfect - sunk right to the bottom with no fogging of the tank!
It looks BEAUTIFUL! It shimmers in the light!! So happy to have this done!

Trying to upload pics but I guess I hit my maximum image quota?

Use photo bucket and type in the direct image URL, remember pics or it didn't happen ;)
I live black sand, put in 40 pounds in my 29 gallon and it took like 5 hours for the whole process and 3 hours if rinsing, worth it tho, my water was almost crystal clear

Use photo bucket and type in the direct image URL, remember pics or it didn't happen ;)
I live black sand, put in 40 pounds in my 29 gallon and it took like 5 hours for the whole process and 3 hours if rinsing, worth it tho, my water was almost crystal clear

EHH I'm on the app rarely do I have access to a computer! :( ugh so there is NO WAY to upload pics anymore unless I get a computer?

It took us 2 hours to put in and finish up as well.

5 hour total! And thanks to my boyfriend's help it came out perfect!

I use the app, download it, upload a pic, pic one from your album, click the little italicized I in the bottom right hand corner, pick the direct URL option and it should say direct URL copied, then when you copy it, press the plus button in the AA app, and paste it in the image link button
Yea took me 5 hours because I was alone, 5 hours to empty the tank, set up a cooler with water from the tank and put the plants, decor, and fish in, take out the tank with rocks, take the rocks out, clean the tank, clean the sand, fill her bak up and put everything in
My girlfriend doesn't like to get wet, and she is not really they strong to carry the 60 pound tank or the 40 pound sand so, I was alone :p

I use the app, download it, upload a pic, pic one from your album, click the little italicized I in the bottom right hand corner, pick the direct URL option and it should say direct URL copied, then when you copy it, press the plus button in the AA app, and paste it in the image link button
Yea took me 5 hours because I was alone, 5 hours to empty the tank, set up a cooler with water from the tank and put the plants, decor, and fish in, take out the tank with rocks, take the rocks out, clean the tank, clean the sand, fill her bak up and put everything in
My girlfriend doesn't like to get wet, and she is not really they strong to carry the 60 pound tank or the 40 pound sand so, I was alone :p

Hahaha yeah I couldn't carry the 60 pounds of wet sand even to the door after rinsing so my boyfriend carried it up the stairs for me :)
He also carries my 5 gallon buckets up the stores for me since I can barely do it. He works at a grocery store as a stocker so he's used to heavy lifting. Really helps me out! I couldn't do as much as I do for my tank without him!
He's given me money when I needed it for something, will come over on our only day we can hang out JUST to help me do water changes (and he HATES it!), and will pick me up anything I need at the grocery store for the fish (unionized salt, garlic, frozen peas, etc)!
He's saved my butt SO MANY times! Lol

But moral of the story... Sand is in and looks great! Haha :)

He sounds like a keeper. Just wait until you get a really big tank :whistle:

The black diamond sand is really nice, although I wouldn't use it with cory cats or loaches :(

He sounds like a keeper. Just wait until you get a really big tank :whistle:

The black diamond sand is really nice, although I wouldn't use it with cory cats or loaches :(

BOOO I have both in my tank :(
Is the sharpness of the sand why they're not burrowing? :(

I tries medium grate hoping it wouldn't be as sharp :/

BOOO I have both in my tank :(
Is the sharpness of the sand why they're not burrowing? :(

I tries medium grate hoping it wouldn't be as sharp :/

The sand itself isn't too sharp but there's often times other things mixed in with the sand that is. My cory cats barbels eroded within a week or so after putting them in the tank. I switched them over to a sand bottomed tank and they rebounded nicely.

Your sand mix might be different than mine, there are certainly people that keep corys in this sand. But I've personally had bad experience with this sand. I also wouldn't use it with any fish that like to habitually move sand like some cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom