Finished 13 uk Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knightym06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just thought Id share some pics of my tank with everyone after i've finally got it all done.

Ive attached some pics, not sure how much you can see really as they we're done on my phone.

Anyway, ive gonne for a very fine gravel substarte (around 4mm to 2mm) which gives good rooting for the many plants, dont ask me what plants they are as I don't know lol.
Ive also got a nicely shaped piece of bogwood that they like to sit in as its hollow an I know ornaments aren't everyones thing but ive got a wrecked submarine which is a good hide for the loaches, i did have to modify this as at first I couldnt remove it for cleaning as fish could stay in it and not be removed from it so I cut off one end so they can't get stuck.
In terms of electrical i'm using a 100 watt heater at 25 degrees celcius with a fluval u2 filter, 400l/h capcity.

The tank is fully stocked now with,

• 4 black phantom tetras
  • 5 mollis (black female, white male and 3 gold female)
  • 2 blue dwarf gourami
  • 2 peppered corydoras
  • 1 plec (currently about 5 inches)
  • 3 clown loaches (currently about 2 inches each)
Im going to probably get told its over stocked and the plec and loaches will grow massive but I know they grow big and I will udgrade to at least a 26 gallon tank when the time comes.
Also the corydoras and plec do a good job of cleaning up and also the filter is very effective so I do not feel it is to over stocked as there all healthy and active all levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all steady.

I would like some kind of shrimp but can't seem to find a shop that really sells them and mail order is expensive for a couple of shrimp, so I was wondering if anybody knows a shop in or around cheshire that I could go to? Also I would like some advice on feeding, currently I feed once a day in the morning with a flake food and variety pellets or daphnia/bloodworm with the pellets. Is there anything else I could do? I was thinking about trying out some kind of live foods?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• 13112010285.jpg
    13112010285.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 13112010289.jpg
    13112010289.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 13112010292.jpg
    13112010292.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 13112010287.jpg
    13112010287.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 126
The tank is looking good. I bet the corys took over that little ship.

I would forego purchasing any shrimp as the loaches/gourami/mollies will eat them.

You can try live foods if you can get them. Or just supplement with a variety of different frozen foods e.g., brine shrimp, blood worms...

Thanks. no they didn't actually, there out all the time, the loaches are in there all day but come out for food and at night.

Ok then thanks for the advice, I couldn't really find anywhere to get them from to be honest.

You could try growing your own or asking the lfs. Most of them carry live foods of some type.

Back
Top Bottom