First attempt at an"aquascape"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope especially if it is a low light tank. You will be fine I think.

And for a big tank like yours, you would need a pressurized system anyway.

Alright good haha I didn't wanna bother with that. And on a side note my BGK I finally got yesterday has already started to let me hand feed him. I'm pretty happy haha :)

Awesome! And as already stated, no CO2 for these plants. I stick with low light plants myself just so I don't have to use CO2. There are so many easy plants available, you won't be disappointed.

Do I need to do anything special to care for the plants? Everytime I go into petsmart I see plant stuff made my API that I'm assuming are a type of fertilizer, are these necessary?

abrinn23 said:
Do I need to do anything special to care for the plants? Everytime I go into petsmart I see plant stuff made my API that I'm assuming are a type of fertilizer, are these necessary?

I have never used any.

I think the natural look has a focal point of 1.67:1. I'll never find the information agin, but the center piece needs to be offset .67. Good luck with that one.

There are also natural shapes. U, where both the left and right sides are raised and the center is low, just like the letter. n, where the center is is raised and the sided are low, again like the letter. Triangle, where the left or right is high and the landscape slopes to the right or left.

No straight line will help you get the natural look.
Then there's the best look of complete randomness.

With low light plants like those mentioned, you could consider root tabs which benefit swords which are heavy root feeders, and a feet like comprehensive for the others. In my tank, aside from ferts, I don't run CO2 and I run LED's.

Hmm I had no idea this whole thing was so complex haha thanks everyone for the info! I'll keep a lookout for those root tabs

Hmm I had no idea this whole thing was so complex haha thanks everyone for the info! I'll keep a lookout for those root tabs

A good and inexpensive alternative to Root Tabs is Osmocote (I use indoor outdoor formula). That's actually what I use now in place of root tabs for my Swords and Crypts.

There's a bunch of threads on here as well as other Aquarium Forums.
I use a dedicated ice tray and freeze 6 pellets in TANK water then plunge the embedded ice into the substrate. You can see why you want a dedicated ice tray.:brows:

Back
Top Bottom