First FW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New pic of my tank

44098-albums2134-picture14784.jpg

Silvertip tetras still going strong. These guys really are tough. One is starting to look a bit weak but during feeding time there's no problem. From the 4 kuhli's I can only find 3. But what I've read is that if you can't find a kuhli its a happy kuhli. Got my mind set on a BN pleco next. So I'm planning on a cave.

Need to trim the vali's a lot. They are starting to send out shoots and soon they'll take over. The rest of the plants are also settling in well.

Some more light and an extra heater towards the winter then all will be good.

epiphysis said:
New pic of my tank

Silvertip tetras still going strong. These guys really are tough. One is starting to look a bit weak but during feeding time there's no problem. From the 4 kuhli's I can only find 3. But what I've read is that if you can't find a kuhli its a happy kuhli. Got my mind set on a BN pleco next. So I'm planning on a cave.

Need to trim the vali's a lot. They are starting to send out shoots and soon they'll take over. The rest of the plants are also settling in well.

Some more light and an extra heater towards the winter then all will be good.

Do the khulis eat flakes from the surface when you feed them?

Got my Bristlenose today. A nice big female. Wanted to get a male but they all looked a bit sluggish. But as soon as the net went in this female just popped out her hooks. Was quite awesome to see.

But for the rest of the day she was just sitting in the corner being shy. The tetra's are very interested in their new tank mate. Thinking of getting a Bolivian ram in the next few weeks. Just a thought.. Will see how things work out.

But I also got some Lace Java Fern. Surprised to find it and the guy gave me two for $2. Can't say no to that :). Will do some new scaping tomorrow since I'm off from work.

That sounds awesome! Post some pictures when you can! Lace Java fern sounds like a great get as well! Can't wait to see!

Will get pics up as soon as I can. Just have so many ideas going on at the moment its hard to decide what to do next.

Got enough driftwood for the ferns. And I did some research on the one little plant and found out it is an Anubis nana petite! Have to get that out of the gravel asap and onto a driftwood as well. At least 2 of the plants will be going out. 100% sure they're not aquatic.

You don't have to put java fern on driftwood.
I just kinda barely pushed mine into the sand just enough to stay and then it attached itself

Got some Serpae tetras 2 days ago to add some color. Really interesting fishies. Always in a school and not aggressive at all. And there is no aggression from the silvertips either. Appart from when I introduced them the silvertips where really curious about their new tankmates.

But when I fot the Serpeas I noticed once they where in the tank their gills where bloody red. Must have been from the tanks where they where kept. But its 2 days now and it looks a lot better. Checked my levels and nitrites is 0 and nitrates < 5. So all looking good :)

Back
Top Bottom