First planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here is my 36 gal tank. My first large aquarium and first planted. Jumping in with both feet.

Attachments

• Tank 51713.jpg
    Tank 51713.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 124
Looks amazing, where did you get the drift wood?

Thank you. It's manzanita that's been sand blasted. I got it off of a website called Blooms and Blossoms (or something close to that). It wasn't very expensive, came undamaged and I only soaked it for 4 days. After that, it didn't leak any tannins at all. I did have a little Purigen in my filter though because the driftwood I had in before turned my water the color of tea.

Really crappy picture taken with my phone. The Chain Sword is growing-sending out runners, but the mother plants (or whatever you call them) look sickly and the leaves are turning brown. If you can't tell from this, I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow.

OOPS! I posted this on the wrong forum-sorry, I was looking for help with my plants!

Attachments

• Chain Sword.jpg
    Chain Sword.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 120
looks awsome i love it. now i want to do a show tank also. god knows i have enough of them

Here is my 36 gal tank. My first large aquarium and first planted. Jumping in with both feet.

Looks amazing! There's one thing I would change/try before you get settled on that look. And that is turn the drift would upright so it kinda looks like an upside down tree it would make the tank flow better as it would look like roots of mangrove tree roots piercing through the water rather than a piece of driftwood in an aquarium. Just try it and see what it looks like if you can upload a pic and get everybody else's views on which is better. Tank looks really good though jumping in with both feet is sometimes for the best!

Looks amazing! There's one thing I would change/try before you get settled on that look. And that is turn the drift would upright so it kinda looks like an upside down tree it would make the tank flow better as it would look like roots of mangrove tree roots piercing through the water rather than a piece of driftwood in an aquarium. Just try it and see what it looks like if you can upload a pic and get everybody else's views on which is better. Tank looks really good though jumping in with both feet is sometimes for the best!

Great idea! I figured that I would be changing it up occassionally, maybe changing out the plants to different types and moving things around. That's a great idea with the wood, thank again! D

Great idea! I figured that I would be changing it up occassionally, maybe changing out the plants to different types and moving things around. That's a great idea with the wood, thank again! D

I may not look better but something to try out upload a pic if you try it out :)

Back
Top Bottom