First tank......in 15 years.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kappy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a fresh water fish-less cycle.

Do I keep the recommended temperature (24c-28c) in the tank as if I had fish in aquarium, while cycling?

All the plants are plastic, because I don't want to fuss with real plants, for now. (as I did years ago...)

I might not add fish for a while in a month or so, because I like having a clean tank. (lol) But, I'm still doing the recommended fresh water cycling.

...and when I add fish, I know this big castle decoration is taking up 50% of the real estate in the tank, what types of fish and how many fish would you recommend?

img_1847472_0_fac9b34e8e977d36669cf01ec1d78c64.jpg

img_1847472_1_26d674bab326fa179b1e80234f89de20.jpg

36 gallon, Bow Front corner tank. It's a little tank, compared to tanks I've owned in the past, but it fits neatly and safely (distant) behind my love seat.

(paid $100 for the Tank, stand and all accessories - pump, hang-on filter, chemicals from Craigslist) the people that sold this are New parents-to-be and needed room quick. (y)

I spent over $150 for the decorations and misc. items - :eek:......but it's fun shopping for fish stuff!

Beautiful tank! You could have alot of different types of fish in there! Any livebearer, most tetras, small gouramis, dwarf cichlids, danios, and so much more! Enjoy!

Nice tank. Ok here is a nice little stocking list off the top of my head for your tank hope you like it :)

1 dwarf gourami
6 cardinal tetra's
1 bristle nose pleco
6 long fin leopard danio's
5 albino Cory cats
And some ghost shrimp

Very nice, I have to say the castle fits very nicely in the center. I would raise the temp up to 86 while cycling.

Still cycling.....

Thanks for the advice about the temp.

I tested the water this past weekend and everything is up to par! :D and the cloudy water finally cleared up. *whew* it was making me nervous. lol :eek:

I'm assuming another couple of weeks or so to complete the cycling.

Yep, the cloudiness is normal. Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Oooh!! That's a very nice tank! I really like guppies and neon tetras. Maybe that would go good in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom