Fish wranglers 20L build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here it is

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446983481.143194.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446983503.991143.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446983518.307062.jpg

No algae totally clear tank even with a bit of indirect sunlight thrown in for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Now we're talking! Can't beat a bit of dirt provided it is chemical free. FYI I didn't see any ammonia spikes in my 46 but I had established media and packed it out with plants.

What soil are you thinking of of using and why soil?

I also have a Dirted 20L (pic to follow) I have shrimp and snails. Plants (especially the swords) are thriving under a Tin pot LED. If you stick to the T8 you won't need to use co2 or ferts. My Dirted receives no extra fertilisation other than the soil, fish food and fauna. I have DHG that is sprouting new shoots from the soil bed ill show you.

I'm going to go to home depot or menards tomorrow and see what they have. What would you recommend using?
I'll probably end up keeping the t8 just because I know it grows these low light plants.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Miracle grow organic potting soil and John innes no3 are popular choices.

Is the miracle gro soil the same as the mix?

I'm not sure pal. Just make sure there are no added fertilisers like "with potassium" or "added phosphates" once the soil has stabilised after a month or so the substrate should be pretty stable.

I'm not sure pal. Just make sure there are no added fertilisers like "with potassium" or "added phosphates" once the soil has stabilised after a month or so the substrate should be pretty stable.

Ok thanks. Changes will happen tomorrow

I lied...no changes have been made :(
I never had time to go to home depot, but found a bag of 'Natures Care Organic Raised Bed Soil' in the shed, its a Miracle Grow product. Gotta figure out what's in it and if I can use it or not.
I need to find a prefilter for my AC50, while looking for my rcs I looked in the filter and found a living shrimp. Guess I know whay happened to the rest of them, I dumped the filter box once without looking in it.

I lied...no changes have been made :(
I never had time to go to home depot, but found a bag of 'Natures Care Organic Raised Bed Soil' in the shed, its a Miracle Grow product. Gotta figure out what's in it and if I can use it or not.
I need to find a prefilter for my AC50, while looking for my rcs I looked in the filter and found a living shrimp. Guess I know whay happened to the rest of them, I dumped the filter box once without looking in it.

I got some prefilters from TT. I believe they are Fluval brand, designed for the Fluval Edge. Anywho, I tried one last week and it does not appear to restrict flow and the pore size is small and should be shrimp fry safe.

I ended up making my own sponge out of a AC sponge.
Yesterday I spotted 2 shrimp, thought I only had 1 so it was a nice surprise.
I'm getting some RCS from Majbarsalona this week for this tank. Hopefully these one survive now that the filter is shrimp proof.
After the shrimp the obly thing I might add is the CPD, but that's only if I can find them for a decent price.

9 rcs added today, I know one is a for sure female because she is berried :D. Total shrimp is now 11, 10 are for sure rcs and the other might be a bamboo shrimp. The tannish line running down it's back doesn't look right for a rcs.

Should I look into getting some IAL and/or cholla wood now that I'm trying to be serious about skripmies?

What are some other cool nano fish that won't break the bank? CPD's are proving to be a pain to find.

Ember tetra are pretty, about the same size as CPD. Emerald are really cute, too. Here's one of my embers in front of one of my shrimp.

You don't -have- to have IAL or cholla per se, but they seem to enjoy both.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448683490.007753.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448683490.007753.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 43
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448683628.956626.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448683628.956626.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 45
Actually Manzanita DW (believe it is a supporting company for aa) has cpd's at a pretty good price. Gotta sell some more plants and then I'll be ordering 10 from them.
Of course I'm going to look into all other reccomendations too

I have 3 pieces of 1/2"pvc a few inches long and tied into a pyramid shape. Getting some java moss to tie to onto it and the shrimp will have a nice cave.

Perfect! See? You're already there ☺️

I have baby skrimps!! Counted 6 today and at least 2 more shrimp are berried :) The start of the colony has begun! I'm sure the rams will enjoy the live food should I ever need to thin the herd.

Not much to report plant wise, its nice because of how slow things grow. I don't have to worry about it becoming overgrown after a week.

I think you forgot to attach pics. :( Such good news is usually accompanied by pics, no? ☺️

I think you forgot to attach pics. :( Such good news is usually accompanied by pics, no? ☺️

Not when I was posting 2 hours after the lights shut off. I'll get some pics today after work

Not when I was posting 2 hours after the lights shut off. I'll get some pics today after work

I'm sure I'm not the only one who flips on the lights just for a photo opp. *lights on...wake up...say cheese...click, click, click...*lights off

I'm sure I'm not the only one who flips on the lights just for a photo opp. *lights on...wake up...say cheese...click, click, click...*lights off

Normally i would but i think that's why my rams ate the spawn before this one. Now i try to avoid turning the lights on unless the went off in the past 5 or so minutes

Back
Top Bottom