Fish wranglers 20L build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh in that case, carry on. Would not want to jinx spawning activities. Shrimp, on the other hand, probably don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The babies are so tiny. Keep it up! (I'm talking to the breeding shrimp).
You might want to swap that square sponge with a Fluval Edge pre-filter sponge or appropriate stainless steel screen intake (Hans Aquatics carries them). Both have small pore sizes to keep baby shrimp out. The former traps a lot of debris and can be rinsed out periodically. Baby shrimp may find their way into and through the AquaClear sponge. Plus, black or stainless steel looks better than off-white.

The babies are so tiny. Keep it up! (I'm talking to the breeding shrimp).
You might want to swap that square sponge with a Fluval Edge pre-filter sponge or appropriate stainless steel screen intake (Hans Aquatics carries them). Both have small pore sizes to keep baby shrimp out. The former traps a lot of debris and can be rinsed out periodically. Baby shrimp may find their way into and through the AquaClear sponge. Plus, black or stainless steel looks better than off-white.

I like the idea of a black sponge...I'm afraid of going to Han's after hearing what he has from you and other members. Can't just order a few sponges lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Then get the sponges from Amazon. I do like that fact that the sponge trap the debris. Less waste gets trapped in the filter as a result.
I would hold off exerting yourself after the extractions. Not so much for the pain but for the pressure; even bending over can be a bit much for the incision sites.

I have those small little sponges on the intake of my HOB, keeps everything out that wants to get in. I picked mine up at PetCo, I think it was just about $3 or something?

Then get the sponges from Amazon. I do like that fact that the sponge trap the debris. Less waste gets trapped in the filter as a result.
I would hold off exerting yourself after the extractions. Not so much for the pain but for the pressure; even bending over can be a bit much for the incision sites.

I'll probably just order from Hans, I could probably use some IAL and other small items from him.

Are alder cones a good idea to add? Went onto Hans' website and found a lot of cool things to order; alder cones (x5), IAL (x4), SS filter guard (x1), cholla wood (3" piece x1), and a floating plant guard (x1). Knew I couldn't just get the filter guard from there lol

The more I think about it the more I l the idea of a sponge instead of SS guard. It seems like the sponge will allow the shrimp to pick bits out.

It does. I thought I had a pic, but I don't. My shrimp keep the DHG and the face of the foam filter mostly tidy. Alder cones build biofilm quickly and act as a little buffet for shrimp. As it breaks down, they'll also eat melty bits of alder cone.

Ok, now I just have to sell some plants and I'll order from Hans. Laeris you wouldn't happen to need some pogostemon stellatus octopus or blyxa japonica would you? Lol

? I do seem to collect plants like other people collect team memorabilia, don't I?

Actually, yes. I've been wanting to try pogo octo and could use more japonica, one of the set I bought last melted and left a weird spot. :( Still, one casualty on a plant I've never had before isn't too bad. Send me a PM!

Truly, were it not for these forums and the good people in it, I wouldn't have been able to make the progress I have.

Truly, were it not for these forums and the good people in it, I wouldn't have been able to make the progress I have.

This is so true for me! My tanks would not be where they are today if it wasn't for the members here, and that's something I'm trying to do for new/newer members.

So I'm watching the Hawks game and planning things for this tank. Going over some nano fish to add and I have a list of 6: CPDs, Sparkling Gourami, Male Endlers, Dwarf Rasbora, Sparrow Rasbora, and Furcatas Rainbowfish. Any fish I add won't be done until the spring after I dirt the tank.
Speaking of dirting the tank instead of moving everything to the 20T while the dirt does its initial nutrient unload I'm thinking about using the 20T to allow the dirt to unload the nutrients. This way I just have to temporarily house the fish and shrimp for a day at the most while I add dirt and a sand cap to the tank. I want to wait until the spring to dirt things because I don't see any hardware store carrying dirt this time of year
I also plan on adding some new plants; specifically more crypt species, but I'm not sure which ones yet. Reccomendations?

How long does it usually take for Hans to fulfill an order? Mine is still waiting fulfillment I ordered on the 31st.

alder cones and ial

you might try Breanne here she has alder and ial maybe cheaper

How long does it usually take for Hans to fulfill an order? Mine is still waiting fulfillment I ordered on the 31st.

Good question. I placed an order on the same day. A holiday and weekend has occurred since then so that will probably add a few days to processing.
Did you create an account (to check on the order status)? I did not.

Good question. I placed an order on the same day. A holiday and weekend has occurred since then so that will probably add a few days to processing.
Did you create an account (to check on the order status)? I did not.

Yea I did create the account, I wanted to have the tracking info because of work/school

Back
Top Bottom