Fluval Spec III ramshorn home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add some Malaysian Trumpet snails. They will keep that from reoccurring in the sand bed.

20171211_163031_HDR.jpg

This is our current situation. Because we don't need to breed ramshorns anymore, I'm going to take apart and clean it, and then I'll get it set up for shrimp. The castle is probably going to stay. I think I'll put a shallower sand bed and leave the trumpet snails.

Maybe that sagittaria sublata will come back once it's in some substrate.

We got one orange flame, one black rose, and two blue dream shrimp. There is not a lot of foliage, and yet they still vanished into the tiny bits of moss. SHRIMP! I WANT TO WATCH YOU!

Funny how the aqua creatures can hide so well. Today I finally got around to cleaning out my pond and took out the Rosy Minnows and they could shimmy right into the pond muck like worms or eels!!! I thought I had only one or 2 left, but really had a ~ 10, maybe a dozen! How was it I only could see the one??? Very sneaky, they are!

They look like they can grow another 1/3rd of that size if I can see that correctly length, and fill out. My BV were not the largest dwarf shrimp I have kept. Not tiny but not shrimp I would call robust looking.

Pretty color.

We moved Drago the betta on Friday, and he actually seems to be happier. He's resting on the leaves of the plants instead of the substrate, and he swims through and hangs out in the castle. He eats very enthusiastically.

I adjusted the filter pump so to decrease flow, and I moved the shrimp to the 20 long. I know they can't stay there, so I'm thinking our best bet is to return them. They are neat, but there's no tank where they won't be eaten. And they aren't *that* neat that I'm going to forego fish.

Drago started building a bubble nest. He is definitely happier. I think the flow was too strong in the 20 long, even though I had reduced it drastically from what I would prefer.

Back
Top Bottom