Fresh2o’s 29g Blackwater Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Removed a bunch of subwassertang and guppy grass from the left side of the tank. Have not see the bottom of the tank in months. This offered more area for the fish to graze for food at the bottom (in this case an algae wafer). IMG_7360.jpg IMG_7362.jpgIMG_7371.jpg

great tank. i really like how much it changes when you post new pics. its like a new tank every time.

great tank. i really like how much it changes when you post new pics. its like a new tank every time.

Thanks! When I had a high tech tank it would constantly change and a rescape every 4-6 months. Though I enjoyed how a decent CO2 supply made everything grow well, I got tired of weekly trimming and algae battles. I’m sure you can relate.

I think you should line the substrate with more Indian almond leaves to really get that black water tannin effect. Those fish will LOVE it.

I still like the variety and colors you get with stem plants but I am also enjoying a break from the maintenance (trimming, daily ferts, CO2). My current setup contains no rooted plants; I can easily remove or rearrange the driftwood and plants as needed. The current focus is keeping a healthy setup for the fish. There are mosquito fish fry hiding in the guppy grass. If any of the Furcata rainbow eggs hatch, the fry may have a chance in there as well.
Currently I am putting locally gathered sycamore leaves, maple leaves from CoralBandit, and IAL from Brookster into the tank. Mini-IAL would look awesome in here scattered along to bottom. The way the current is situated the leaves get pushed toward the back of the open area. Enjoying the tannins.

Back
Top Bottom