Full Tank Shot (Planted 29)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
11 types of live plants. =]

Attachments

• 209477_10150564360725624_853070623_18552073_2939849_o.jpg
    209477_10150564360725624_853070623_18552073_2939849_o.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 172
Wow You planted people really can put a tank together! Darn that looks good!

One day.....(yeah sure)

Thanks so much! We're actually pretty noobish at it, cause we got the plants first, then had to upgrade the lighting and start using ferts. But now we've got it a little more under control.

It's so exciting to see a plant put up a new leaf!

I've been talking to you about glo fish, do you think I could plant the tank lightly and keep those fish? I think the colors would pop. I plan on black sand and a black background.
Sorry to hijack your thread. :)

yep. LOL I was thinking 6 fish in there. enough for a small school right? And I was thinking this tank could be my first planted tank. Low light of course...

Yeah, 6 glofish in a 10g would be ideal, IMO. Though you might want to get a second opinion since the whole danio thing is pretty debated. But yeah, that would be a great option for an easy planted tank.

You could do java moss, or anubias nana petite, or both, with a microsword.

Thanks very much for your input. :)

Can't wait til I can move the cichlid fry out of the 10g and start this project!

You're welcome! I actually want to do a planted 10 myself, with galaxy rasboras and a powder blue dwarf gourami.

Well, I thought dwarf gouramis were okay... I know pygmy ones are...

Ahh maybe that's the difference. I am a total newb as far as tropicals are concerned. I've always been a cichlid girl. I feel so silly asking these questions lol

haha, it's totally fine. I'm actually not sure myself if a dwarf gourami would work in a 10g. I should ask severummama, she seems to know about that.

I've heard she's good at what she does but our paths rarely cross as I'm mostly into SW these days.
I had a thread out for FW but I don't think she chimed in. :-(

Ahh, well you can always PM her. I'm considering it, myself.

11 types of live plants. =]
Is this a pic with your lighting your looking to replace, or did you decide on the new fixture ?
If you do/did decide on a new light fixture, I'd like to know wht you wind up choosing, if you don't mind.
Looks nice either way :)

Is this a pic with your lighting your looking to replace, or did you decide on the new fixture ?
If you do/did decide on a new light fixture, I'd like to know wht you wind up choosing, if you don't mind.
Looks nice either way :)

To be honest, I was looking for a light fixture for a different (future) tank. This is the old one that has to sit on the top. Actually though, as of yet it hasn't heated the tank over 81* F, and even though it's annoying that it sits on top, it works, so works is better than nothing!

But I'll let you know if I'm able to get a different type of fixture for a future tank. Just keep in mind it might not be for a while, as I'm financially limited right now. XD

Back
Top Bottom