Got a real deal on 20 gal long!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Another new tank for me, well it is used but new to me. $10 for 20 gal long with hood and lights. Only had to buy substrate and a filter. Whooop! whoop!
This is gonna be a pea puffer tank. I had bought a 20 tall a lil while ago to do puffers in but before puffers came in it was used to house some other fish. So this one will be for my puffers. As if I really needed another tank set up lol. When this one is done will make 8 tanks 60, (2) 20s (2) 10s, 29, 2 1/2 and a 2. The 2 1/2 and the 2 empty at the moment they are only used for short term fry tanks.

ForumRunner_20120706_174801.jpg

Probly 4 because it is best for them to have about 5 gal. pr fish. They are aggressive little guys so have to give them plenty of space for each fish.

Here is what I have done so far. Gonna get a bunch more plants.
And the tank is still cloudy from setting it up this morning.

ForumRunner_20120707_105141.jpg

Just a side note. The tank was set up with a Bio-wheel penguin 150 for a 30 gal and also a Top fin 30 both of which have been seeding on established tanks, and when I filled it I used water from an established tank along with the substrate coming out of an established tank, so when I get my little guys their home is already established and they will not be in a tank that is cycling.

Bought it yesterday, cleaned it this morning and put everything in. It had a few mollies in it right now but they will be taken out when my puffers come in.

This is her hubby. I would actually like more pea Puffers. How many can I actually house in a 20 gallon long. It gonna be strictly Puffers and a bottom feeder or 2. I wanted 10 pea Puffers and a bristle nose pleco.I know they messy feeders so should I put a couple bottom feeders in there other than the pleco?

Ten would be far too many. They would probably end up killing each other.

I wouldn't do more than 5.

Talvari said:
Ten would be far too many. They would probably end up killing each other.

I wouldn't do more than 5.

Should I get some bottom feeders other than a pleco since they messy eaters. If so what kind?

A friend of mine successfully keeps panda corys with his Malabar puffer, but it differs with each tank. Just because it works in one instance doesn't mean it will work in others. You could always try the corys and just either return or rehome them if the puffers are becoming too aggressive.

You are better off cleaning up after them. Getting bottom feeders will produce more waste since you have more fish. If you got a 20g long, then add substrate and decor, then you'll get more around 15g of water. 4 DP is already pushing it.

If anything get all females. You'll have less trouble with 0-1 male.

Back
Top Bottom