Grassy 55Gal - restart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aditions: pair of stupidly scared golden angels, 3 ottos and 3 Chinese algae eaters. The latter are a huge lapse of attention on my part. I asked for 6 ottos, store associate made a mistake, and I managed to not catch it until I added them to tank. But for now they do amazing job scrubbing.
trimmed and propagated.

Plant list (this is mainly for my own reference :) ):
Limnophila aromatica ( or Pogostemon stellatus?)
Valisneria spiralis (?)
Valisneria Nana
Dwarf Lobelia
Sagittaria+ dwarf sag
Eriocaulon malayattoor
Cyperus Helferi
flame moss
Bucephalandra (kedagang?)
Ludwigia narrow leaf Palustris
Didiplis Diandra
Rotala Indica
Proserpinaca Palustris (meramid plant)
Staurogyne repens - thanks Fresh!
Downoi / Pogostemon helferi
Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'

2v2JKTatgxUHnUD.jpg
I like the TALL grass in the back. What is that

by the next morning Nitrite reading was barely visible. evening showed 0/0 and ~40 for the NO3. 50% PWC, fed the tank. first neon tetra went in 3 days ago (had an odd one in the 10gal), yesterday joined by 12 of his buddies. e i tilted the reactor so the CO2 bubble gets right into the stream. seems to mix ok, but i do see random microbubbles in water from time to time. increased CO2 flow a bit last night (cuts out 2 hours before light out). While there are lots of bubbles going through the counter drop checker doesn't color and fish doesn't seem to mind, will leave it at that rate for a few days

Plants added:
patch of flame moss
Ludwigia narrow leaf Palustris
Didiplis Diandra
Rotala Indica
Proserpinaca Palustris (meramid plant)

can't wait for the plants Fresh, i think i left room where i want to see staurogyne

I really like what i see so far
2v2Jaw9f5xUHnUD.jpg

Hi Angel, yes I understand the question )
Some of the plants are getting color and I am planning a bit of reshuffle to accent the red of the AR better (getting washed with the reddish substrate). I don't oppose the purple sword, but I tell you what, how about you propagate yours, get it growing good and I will buy it from you instead ? :)

Bkiggy, last week I actually switched to 406 as well for more flow :) Tall grass... The really tall in the middle is valisneria, the really "grassy" looking stuff in the back right corner is Cyperus. The really tall stuff to the left behind the DW is dwarf Vals

[emoji6] ok, it might be awhile. I got a baby Amazon sword, shipper did not ship it very well. Had all leaves but 1 tour off it still had roots. I put it in my tank and my sword tail fish picked at it enough to pull it out and nip the roots off it. So, the fun has begun. It's pretty funny I have a hospital tank just for plants. Lol! I'll try to tie the next one down.

Hi Angel, yes I understand the question )
Some of the plants are getting color and I am planning a bit of reshuffle to accent the red of the AR better (getting washed with the reddish substrate). I don't oppose the purple sword, but I tell you what, how about you propagate yours, get it growing good and I will buy it from you instead ? :)

Bkiggy, last week I actually switched to 406 as well for more flow :) Tall grass... The really tall in the middle is valisneria, the really "grassy" looking stuff in the back right corner is Cyperus. The really tall stuff to the left behind the DW is dwarf Vals
I'm hoping to find that grass

I'm hoping to find that grass

I don't think it is too rare. got it at somewhat local swap meet from "Chicago aquatic plant society" guys. seen it at petsmart stores around here as well, priced not to cheap for a very small plant though. will keep you in mind if I manage to keep it alive long enough to get child plants.

On the left side appears to be a stem of Pogostemon stellatus and Limnophilia aromatics behind it. The former can grow quickly.

Its the same exact plant actually. The one in the back is there for past month (from the start), and adopted to the light (new growth is very visible different). the front one I cut and replanted from my big tank with much lower light and no CO2. The guy I purchased it from said it is L. aromatica. it sure looks like it but I didn't sense any minty smell and it didn't grow to quickly. I'm not in a hurry to conclude one way or another, I absolutely like how it looks and colors red on the underside whatever it turns out to be )

Its the same exact plant actually...

I was going by the lack of underside purple and lengthy leaves. The differences in coloration makes sense. I’ve never kept L aromatica in a low tech setup. It is a gorgeous plant for a larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom