Help! Fin rott and ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinafina

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently purchased 7 fish and added to my clean tank. One of the fish is now dead and my original neon tetra looks to have fun rott and sign of ick. What the hell! Anyway some of my rainbows look still healthy. Can I transfer to my 10g and treat? Or shoul I just treat everybody in the 60g. ???

Treat the whole tank

Recently purchased 7 fish and added to my clean tank. One of the fish is now dead and my original neon tetra looks to have fun rott and sign of ick. What the hell! Anyway some of my rainbows look still healthy. Can I transfer to my 10g and treat? Or shoul I just treat everybody in the 60g. ???

Personally I would treat the entire tank without moving, you could end up with two tanks with ick. I would use Seachem Paraguard, should treat both fin rot and ick, but everyone has their own prefence on meds.

Leave them in the tank. If ones got it assume they all have it and it's infected the tank itself. Lots of clean water for the rot and higher heat (86-88F) for the ich.

Fishes are getting better, although (sigh) the ick medication I used killed all of my neon tetras except for the one who showed signs of ick and fin disappearance. Medicine advised to use 1/2 of what normal dose if neons ate in tank, but it still killed them. So disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom