Here my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Good plan with the clowns and angels. I would avoid guppies with angels because angels will likely eat them. Angels should be with tetras bigger than their mouths (adult sized mouth). Personally, I keep tetras over 2 inches or else fatter bodied tetras in with my angels. But, there are soooooooo many options. The angels will look awesome in there, especially with some colored fish too.:)

I have got a lovely pair of breeding koi angels. They are adults and breed every 10 days so really don't want to move them as they are happy in my 55 gallon. Angels will eat the tetras and yes the angels are still small but so are my neons. Although there are many options it's hard to get fish that will take up the 2/3 space in the middle. Top feeders and bottom feeders are easy. I need to think harder.

I have got a lovely pair of breeding koi angels. They are adults and breed every 10 days so really don't want to move them as they are happy in my 55 gallon. Angels will eat the tetras and yes the angels are still small but so are my neons. Although there are many options it's hard to get fish that will take up the 2/3 space in the middle. Top feeders and bottom feeders are easy. I need to think harder.
My angels take up the middle, but it is hard to say who will go where in the tank that tall. I would think that 2/3 middle space is where the angels would go. Otherwise, most any schooling tetra would go there I would think. But, I have never had a tank that tall. Where do your current fish swim in the tall tank?
I'm sure your koi pair is lovely.

I absolutely love it, seems like a fantastic project! Now I'm dreaming of a reef that shape. Since my clowns are zooming up and down my tank all day they'd probably love the shape.

How do you intend to clean it? I mean you can't tell in the picture but if it's 60cm wide it's definitely too high to stick your hand in!?

Reef would be good but not sure if 60cm width would give u enough. Iv got a hand grabber (one jf those things that old people use for getting things out of their reach!) it's handy as I've dropped a couple of things into it and there's just no way of reaching them. Also I've made a gravel cleaner from a 1 inch hose and an old vacuum cleaner pipe! All good so far!

It's not the most practical but very good for showing off the brighter fish and great as a second tank. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom