Hi! My planted 35 gal. Redsea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquagardener001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!

Here are some pics of my planted tank it has saltwater lights t5 I believe. The inventory of the tank is:
6 Rummy nose
6 Red Rasbora
6 Red minor Serpae tetras
6 neon tetras
Red/white ( peppermint) shrimp
Cherry shrimp
Ghost shrimp
3 Long finned Plecos
2 Pygmy Plecost
4 Pygmy Cory catfish
This tank has been set up as freshwater for about six months, since the superstorm sandy, when loss of electricity was the demise of my saltwater collection.
I have since grown very fond of my tanks tiny and beautiful inhabitants. The plants are the Red Diamond sword plant, pygmy Anubis ( the broad leaf green ones ),dwarf grass and java moss. My husband and I are setting up a new 75 gal. Planted aquarium. Will post our progress when we being the set up. Maybe we will do YouTube video.

Attachments

• image-2099401367.jpg
    image-2099401367.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3833090605.jpg
    image-3833090605.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2954893469.jpg
    image-2954893469.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-769258623.jpg
    image-769258623.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2539341467.jpg
    image-2539341467.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 106
I'm no expert but that's alot of fish for 35 gallons?

Should be 1" of full grown fish per gallon.
So say you had 5 long fin zebra danios which full size is 3" that would be 5x3 which is 15 gallons you would need plus plants and deco count against. I'm new to fish keeping but that's just what I have heard.

Hi,

I have had no trouble with the amount of fish in this tank as of yet and they seem to be quite happy as they breed and lay eggs all the time!
As far as the fish inch to gal ratio is concerned, as far as I have known and have been told by many professionals, That ratio only seems to apply to fish that are significantly
(Or that grow to) larger fish. Fish like chocolate cichlids or Oscars, getting to be 7-9 inches and beyond. Very small community fish like in this tank, can tolerate more in it's community, however water changes must be done on time and the plants take in a lot of the general "nasties" that the fish produce. The shrimp don't count really as they are considered the "clean-up" crew and to me are like little jewels that hang out in the java moss.

I'm no expert but that's alot of fish for 35 gallons?

Should be 1" of full grown fish per gallon.
So say you had 5 long fin zebra danios which full size is 3" that would be 5x3 which is 15 gallons you would need plus plants and deco count against. I'm new to fish keeping but that's just what I have heard.

Just be sure to do weekly water tests then ! Just incase and if they keep breeding where are you going to put all the babies ?

I think that looks like a beautiful setup I'm really thinking about putting some rcs in one of my tanks

I think that looks like a beautiful setup I'm really thinking about putting some rcs in one of my tanks

Thanks! I love my little nano tank and as far as the babies, well I am afraid that they become fresh fish food! :( but it's ok, I was surprised that they were even breeding!

Thank you! I am very happy to say that all their water changes and chemical levels have been done and are well within normal to optimum.

As for the babies, they are unceremoniously eaten by the larger ones. ;) which is ok by me. These are egg layers mostly, so I don't really see them swimming around. And the eggs are eaten almost as soon as they are spawned.

Thanks! I love my little nano tank and as far as the babies, well I am afraid that they become fresh fish food! :( but it's ok, I was surprised that they were even breeding!

Just found fry in my tank I think they came out of a fish that died while I was out of town. Her side was split open.

image-1683736445.jpg

I barely can see these Guys

Back
Top Bottom