Is my tank ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, no this tank is overstocked. 2 Angels would fill that tank, Sail Fin Mollies produce a lot of waste and that just complicates problems. The Black Skirt Tetras need to be in a school of at least 6, and what kind of Pleco is it? I'm assuming it is a "Common Pleco" and they can get huge and need a very large tank when they are adults.

So what should I do? I can't take them
back to the pet store ( they have a no return policy) and I have no other tanks expect my betas 5g anyway I tried to do research before hand a yahoo answers said it was ok I guess they were wrong... What do you think I should do?

Yeah, I agree. Really you would need a 55 to keep all those fish, minus the pleco. You could probably get away with a 40 gallon.

BTW, don't count on Yahoo answers for any aquarium advice. I've read some crazy stupid answers on there.

The inch-per-gallon rule is pretty outdated. Check this out: http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php
There are no hard, fast rules for stocking. You have to research each species' needs, habits, and temperaments to have a successful community tank. A lot depends on your equipment and water change schedule too. The above website isn't foolproof. But it's a good starting point. Good luck!

I think u will do fine without the pleco and mollies.

I have a 40 gallon with

30 cardinal tetras
11 kuhli loaches
10 endlers
5 fox face
2 bettas
2 panda corys
2 clown loach

Hholly said:
The inch-per-gallon rule is pretty outdated. Check this out: http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php
There are no hard, fast rules for stocking. You have to research each species' needs, habits, and temperaments to have a successful community tank. A lot depends on your equipment and water change schedule too. The above website isn't foolproof. But it's a good starting point. Good luck!

+1
Inch per gallon is basically useless IMO.

Back
Top Bottom