Jarrarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drab808

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I have created an aquarium in a 1 gallon jar
Potting mix with sand cap and driftwood as centerpiece
There are some valesnaria planted around the wood with baby Java ferns on the wood and moss on top of the exposed wood out of the water. I have a 5 watt lamp fixture for lighting.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416125547.823563.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416125582.474066.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I like it. Is there anything in there to circulating the water or it will stagnant.

Will see what happens with regards to that. If I need to I have a small pump but it will take up space that I don't really have.

A small air pump maybe better than a pump to save space in tank. That's if you need 1:)

I love the name Jarrarium.......clever, you do need to come up with some sort of filtration that could perhaps work from the outside I.e. draw the water out and back in again filtered........

A small air pump maybe better than a pump to save space in tank. That's if you need 1:)

I love the name Jarrarium.......clever, you do need to come up with some sort of filtration that could perhaps work from the outside I.e. draw the water out and back in again filtered........

I will try an air stone in the back to keep the water moving a bit. Will see what happens with regards to the plants then

Any ideas on a type of fish to possibly keep in it?? No thermostat so I was thinking a white cloud minnow

Back
Top Bottom