Just planted my 3G BioBubble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mhilluf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm very excited, its my first tank in 20 years.

I cycled it and have had live fish in it for a few weeks. But Last night I decorated it and added live plants. Fingers crossed that I didn't screw up and the plants will live.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 213
I've never seen a tank that shape before, very different. You also have some very good decorating skills.

That is awesome!

LOVE it! Where in the world did you find a tank like that? Also, wow, just wow, that must have taken you forever to plant and decorate like that. What type of fish do you have?

- its a biobubble aquatic kit from biobubble pets. Its actually easier than it looks. The base expands almost a foot tall so you can take the dome off and arrange plants or what not

I have just a few plants and 4 lil fish. 1 guppy and 3 misc feeders. Its only a 3 gallon tank so i cant go fish crazy :)

You don't need to go fish crazy with it looking like that. Is it hard to maintain and is it noisy? I've been thinking about doing a small desktop tank at work but I've been afraid of trying to upkeep it at work and not being there on the weekends. It looks awesome.

Thanks everyone

Abby - I am trying to figure the work thing out myself. Mine is 3 gallons and way to heavy to move to clean. I work for the manufacturer though so they would be understanding if i had one on my desk and was dragging in buckets and supplies to maintain it :)

I am planning to do a work tank myself, i am planning on trying to set up as close to a low maint tank as i can with critters and plants that clean and critters that eat the plants (so they wont get hungry over a weekend). I have seen slow release foods in the stores but i dont know how well they work

Wow, that's awesome. I don't think I'd get any sympathy from my boss.LOL. Still haven't given up the idea/hope though. Hey seriously your tank is fabulous and I hope you'll post updates/photos on your work tank project -very interested. Love your tank. I have a 1 1/2 gallon that we bought just to save some plattie fry and I just moved them into the 10 gallon platty tank so I'm hoping to do something that looks half as good as yours and maybe set it up as just a red shrimp (what are those called? Red shrimp or do they have another name?). Anyway it has a small LED light mounted above so I'm thinking some sort of low light plant. Any ideas on what I could use?

I've seen some gel slow release food online that promises not to be messy. No idea if it actually does what says though. I think it only got rated by users something like 2.5 stars out of five. I almost bought some to test out but then ended up backing out and not ordering it.

Back
Top Bottom