Kellie and her 55 gallon adventure! (a photo journal)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awesome! Tge best part about it is, in my own opinion, that it looks sooo much deeper then the tank really is. Great job :)

No prob! When I looked at the picture of the full tank and hard scape I felt as if I was looking at a 75g but I knew I was wrong. Now I need to figure out how to set up my 55. I started a photo journal to but mine won't be near add quick to update add yours is lol. I need to bulls a stand 1st

Ya the effect her aqua scape has is amazing. I'm redoing my 55 as well but my background is of tree roots. Almost like mangrove roots under water so if I get the right drift wood and plants I can almost do a tank like your looking into a bunch of mangrove trees underwater. But kellies is has a great artistic zing to it

Chronos, I just ordered driftwood from this guy for my 150gal. Take a look, and look in his gallery. You may be able to pull something off if you get branchy pieces and point the branches down and the stem I guess up?

http://www.manzanita-driftwood.com/

Ya that's exactly what I want. Problem is I'm in the great white north so shipping would slaughter me cost wise. I'll see what my lfs has on Thursday and go from there

Ya the effect her aqua scape has is amazing. I'm redoing my 55 as well but my background is of tree roots. Almost like mangrove roots under water so if I get the right drift wood and plants I can almost do a tank like your looking into a bunch of mangrove trees underwater. But kellies is has a great artistic zing to it

Thank you so much! I'm pretty proud of this one. Tomorrow I'll be finishing the planting, its just going to be easy plants, a bunch of crypts, couple java ferns, couple Amazon swords, an Anubis, and enough anachris to hide the heater cord and blend the air line. I'll get the pictures up as soon as that's done. I've had a filter cartridge seeding in my other tank for the past week and a half going to move the more used one to the new tank, and if time allows I'll also get the first batch of tiger barbs tomorrow. Also going to pick up the second filter tomorrow, a smaller one just to keep things flowing in the left side, some thing with a smaller intake so its less obtrusive looking. I'm so excited, thank you guys again for your kind words!

That looks great! I've got some of my "rocks" cut out but still working on it. I hope to start paining mine with quikcrete this weekend.

Plants are in! I can't wait for them to start growing they look a little scraggly compared to the plants in my other tanks. The anacharis around the cords was harvested from my ten gallon it was getting to be a jungle in there. I'm going to let it settle in then try and neaten it up once i can be sure it will live around the cords its kind of a twisted mess but i think it helps the illusion of caves beyond. Opinions?

ForumRunner_20130116_162152.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_162209.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_162225.jpg

ForumRunner_20130116_162241.jpg

The anachris is interesting :)

That sounds like a thumbs down lol. I don't know if I'm digging it yet. I definitely didn't like the heater cord being so visible but not sure of a better solution. I'm going to try and tame it down but going to let it settle a few days first before playing with it again.

It wasn't a thumbs down at all. Its its totally a thumbs up for creativity :D! I just have never seen something like that and thought it was interesting, completely unique. I would love to see the results set about a week tho :) Anachris should be great by that point. One of the hardiest plants. Worse comes to worse you can always plant a wall of anachris and let it grow...it only goes up(unless you clip it at an angle). However I like your tank :)

enjoyed your thread, i wish i was a picture taker kind of guy but.... i will get the pics i have posted soon of my 55 and 75 set ups.

Here's my 55 gal so far. I'm slowly adding live plants. Right now half are fake. I only have 8 danios and 1 baby Rafael Catfish in there so far. Keep running out of money!! HA!!

Attachments

• 2013-01-27 19.59.19.jpg
    2013-01-27 19.59.19.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 2013-02-06 18.40.20.jpg
    2013-02-06 18.40.20.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 171
Thanks. I have a few small caves in there. Little enough for little fish but too small for anything big. Right now my baby Rafael Catfish is hiding in one. It's fun trying to find him everyday. He changes caves at night sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom