Mikes mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m going to see if any of these guys can figure this out. I want them to do what they are supposed too.
I’m ready to do it the other way if needed
I too am going to let the parents have their chance .I am out of town 5 days a week for another month at least.:nono:
My pair has been separated for some time so I hope they are all comfy and stuff.
Good luck to you man.(y)

I have shut down my high tech tank. I’m in process of moving all of my blue star Endlers and red cherry shrimp to a 20 long. Once that is complete I am going to move my pair of Leopoldi to the 29 by them selves.

I think I am ready for whatever could happen at that point. Let the games begin

I like games !
Lost the dantum spawn [huge] while out of town.
Hoping I can keep these guys going till I have time .
You're enjoy having dedicated breeding tanks …
Let the fry begin !

IMG_1053.jpg

Leopoldi wigglers. I want these parents to finish the job. I have a paint strainer I can use. Would I need to use a sponge filter or would floating plants in the main tank be enough?

Sponge over filter intake or air driven sponge filter should work.
Good luck with the parents. I am hoping mine learn some time ...

A second pair of Leopoldi spawned this evening. If I still have eggs tomorrow I am going to steal them

All right! An update IMG_1083.JPG

I have a pair of these. They are young but really cool

I have moved my best pair of Leopoldi to a 29 with no catfish. They are starting to settle in. She looks eggy but no behavior at this point

There are a few strays in here, some Blue stars, a Harley, a couple of Rummies. The only thing nocturnal are some mts.

I did receive some assassin snails from Tunamanphd a while back. They are doing work in my 60.

advice for getting them to spawn CB gave me . large water change and pump em up with bloodworms . Seems to do the trick for some I had (not Leopoldi though)

advice for getting them to spawn CB gave me . large water change and pump em up with bloodworms . Seems to do the trick for some I had (not Leopoldi though)

It works for Leopoldi as well. One of my other pairs has formed and spawned today. That is what they have been getting

I've never kept any of those. Quite a beautiful fish.

They are really interesting. I have always been fascinated by the coloration and fearful of the annual die off and long period for eggs. I am learning that there are many that don’t fit that at all

Both kinds I have are non annual and spawn in plants or mops. Fry hatch as fish and are hungry. They absorb the yolk while in the egg

Back
Top Bottom