Mikes mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I was working near this for most of the day. An arc of electricity came out of the side of my canister. Lights flickered. Weird. Think I should be concerned?

Great looking planted Angel tank. I've never had any pump spark an electrical arc. Maybe motor problems, or an overloaded circut?

I don’t know. I wouldn’t believe except I saw it. I swapped pump heads real quick

The house did not burn down today. Good news! Would have had a hard time explaining that one

I have had a pair of A Bitaeniatum Lagos in a 20 long with a couple of mops, water lettuce, and a bunch of floating water sprite.

I pretty sure I found fry today and definable found eggs. I do have micro worms.

The 20l is half full and no substrate. It is a little bit mulmy.

Do I try to feed? If so, how do I target a few dispersed fry

I would think if the fry are different age then eggs then they are eating.
I have seen parents chew up food and pass it to their fry through their gills.
Try feeding the parents small soft food.
If you want to target feed just use a syringe and rigid tube to extend it if needed. Go easy on it though.
Watch for over feeding the microworms, they can overtake fry if they are in a large enough group on bottom of tank.They don't die quick enough like BBS.
I have noticed that freshwater breeders feed salt water foods[BBS] and marine keepers feed freshwater foods [rotifers].
2 lines of thought on this ;
1 each will die in time in the water and not become a pest or permanent tenant.
2 Most breeders believe there is less bad bacteria or passable pathogens since the bacteria the food comes from will also die in the fry tank.

I would think if the fry are different age then eggs then they are eating.
I have seen parents chew up food and pass it to their fry through their gills.
Try feeding the parents small soft food.
If you want to target feed just use a syringe and rigid tube to extend it if needed. Go easy on it though.
Watch for over feeding the microworms, they can overtake fry if they are in a large enough group on bottom of tank.They don't die quick enough like BBS.
I have noticed that freshwater breeders feed salt water foods[BBS] and marine keepers feed freshwater foods [rotifers].
2 lines of thought on this ;
1 each will die in time in the water and not become a pest or permanent tenant.
2 Most breeders believe there is less bad bacteria or passable pathogens since the bacteria the food comes from will also die in the fry tank.

Nice! Thank you. https://i.imgur.com/TUH1kCx.jpg

This is what I am working on

Tunamanphd is a great source for all kind of cool things

I just moved two mops into a separate container to see if I can raise some fry. I think mts have been robbing my eggs

The killi’s or the Angels?

The killi’s spawn daily As soon as I figure out if I have viable eggs and fry in my other set up I will give them a mop to use and pull to try to raise some

The Angels...... I pulled a pair and put them into a 29. Lots of cover, blacked out in three sides. A spawning slate and a phallic piece of drift wood. No joy... same water but they were stressed at the back of the tank all day

I’m gonna see if they will spawn again in here. If so, decision on if I pull the pleco to see if they will/can raise fry.

Pretty cool stuff today. At least a few killifish fry! Feeding them some Tunamanphd special microworms!

The tank is very mulmy. Very active fry!

How about those Kansas City Chiefs!

In other news I spent some time today catching killi fish fry! Just when I thought I caught them all I saw more I will keep chipping away at them. These fish are pretty cool fish. If you have never tried killi’s you are missing outIMG_1114.jpg

Back
Top Bottom