Mikes mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whelp, I think the drama of the move is passed. 6 Leo’s that are happy. Some bits and some girls. I am a bit surprised that at 500 tds I can see vents.

Bolivians have their own digs now. I also have vents with them. I will get ro going soon to get them into a better place tds wise.

How long can I hold tds with aeration before using?

How long can I hold tds with aeration before using?
Do you mean how long can you store ro water ? I store mine in 32g barrels and sometimes the water could sit a week or more. I do use air in barrel but not a lot. I don't think anything bad can happen to water over time ? It certainly will not pull TDS out of the air . Some of my barrels I cover others are open.

Glad everything is good . My angels bred in close to 500 TDS .

I have a pair of Bolivians that have an entire Indian almond leaf covered with nice amber eggs.

Yes, sorry meant reverse osmosis water. Spell check is sometimes my friend

I finally have internet in my new home! R/o is running. I am going to drop tds slowly

Welcome back to the 21st century ! :ROFLMAO:
Moving is rough ...
Glad you got the ro hooked up.
You will like what you can do with it I think..Your fish will probably appreciate it.(y)

Apparently Bolivian rams have been bred here in local water (according to shop). High losses at start I was told last meeting (came up in conversation).

How hard is local water? I think mine like to do the deed. This batch does not raise. I like the way they look. They also have energy like a bigger fish. I might have to steal some eggs one of these days

Everything is looking very good. Are the yellow cichlids the Rainbow Cichlids you posted about wanting?

Yes sir! They are Rainbows. I really like them. Very mild

Thanks!

I ordered a portable sump pump to move water. Right now I am getting a bunch of waste water. I’m hoping it is the temp of the water. I’m hooked in right where it comes into the house

I also got 4 20 longs from Andy what will I do?

Nice on the 20s .
Most ROs make 3-4 gallons waste to 1 gallon good.
Most would like to think they are 1 for 1 but really are not ....
Pressure and temp are the main factors you can control.
The net variable is your source water which you have no control over .
The filter creates "X" amount of waste per what needs to be removed.
On some filters they offer upgrades that take unit from say 75 GPD to 150 GPD.
Those upgrades take the waste water from first filter and filter it again possibly saving some water?

Right now I am using a five gallon bucket to bail a 35 gallon trash can. Probably 10-1. I’m hoping when it warms up that will help. Source water is 60 degrees or so

I saw some baby Rainbows last week at Southern Ag. After seeing yours, I'm thinking on what tank a few Rainbows might fit in. Lol.

In breeding dress they are very nice. Mine can be kind of green the rest of the time. Some populations have an orange look.

I really like them

Back
Top Bottom