Mikes mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the insight. I really like these fish. Mild, hardy, and happy to see me

Dummy question. I have an Alita pump. I have a gang valve going to three filters. It will only run one. Why?

does each outlet have a valve?
You should be able to limit one and increase the other to get good flow to all ..

Each outlet has a valve but when I adjust one I loose flow to the others?

They should work ..
I have hung some from the rim before and they definitely loved that ..
They do like high above the lower half IMO ?
Boost one up on an upside down flower pot ?
I was expecting you to show eggs ...
It will be soon hopefully.

I’ve got water down to 250 tds. The girls are getting feisty. Matter of time I think.

I will use that flower pot to raise it up

Thank you sir!
Maybe I can show a Leopoldi spawn video soon..... I think I’m close

IMG_0980.jpg

I am going to sit 4 20’s and a 29 on this side. I have to move that 40 in order to do more in this

You're doing it right.
You have fish ,you know what you want ,add what you can in good order.
See your full space even if only building small sections [racks ]..
I learned while building my kitchen ; waste no space ...I have not one "filler board" ,I made every inch go to good use.
With tanks it is more limited but you can mix sizes and turn tanks 'shotgun' or normal .
Look at your full space and plan.

I am only going to go two high on this wall. I plan on being able to shotgun 20’s and then take the “temperature” of the home from there.

The other side will be big enough for 40b or 55’s

The top is for 10’s or 15’s. I don’t know for sure. I have several more walls if temperatures are not hot in time

I am going to run pvc on the wall and tap for air.

I have a water station figured out using your recipe building off of Ro

Let the real learning begin

Good job Mike! I had no idea that you were drastically expanding your fish keeping horizons. It won't be long until you become one of the VIP "Go To Guys" on the fish forums.
Don't forget to save room for the huge display tank you'll need to show off your skills & prized stock.

Thank you! Don’t know if I will ever be go to like you guys but I am going to work on figuring some things out

Back
Top Bottom