Missing Bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andybarron

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Around a month ago i got myself a bristlenose pleco. I have not seen it since the day i put it in the tank!! My tank is well planted and has plenty of hiding places, i dont think that its dead as my water conditions have been perfect and no signs of a body! Unfortunatly no signs of the live pleco either? Any ideas on how i can find it without causing too much disruption to my tanks?

Thanks!

My juvi BN hides most of the time. I usually see him once every few days, but I'm not planted, just some decorations.
I don't know what kind of filter you have, or what size your BN is, but mine disappeared for quite some time last week, and after moving everything in my tank, I still couldn't find him. I took apart my fluval 404, and there he was.... he swam up into the outlet of the filter. Don't know if he was stuck, but I have now raised it up above the water level so he can't do that again.

I have an interpet fish box and so i have the interpet filter. I ha e no idea wot size it is now as i havnt seen it, but it was very small when i forst got it. I asume its not in my filter as i throughly cleaned it the other day and it was it wasnt there (at least i hope not!) i have read that they are very noctural and dont like the light so mayb it only comes out when im asleep. I have a large tardis in my tank and so i hope it just lives inside there! I have bogwood that it never seems to bother with, ive heard BN like cucumber so may try putting some of that in and turning the light off and camp out and wait lol.

Hadn't seen my albino BN in about 2 weeks. Right after reading this thread, I look over at my tank and there he is!

They are very shy, usually move around when the lights are off

How big is ur tank? U got a powerhead? He could have swam up in the powere head and gotten sucked in! I would look for him ;)

I dont know what all this talk of shy and lights off is. Mine was always active and not shy.
But i might be an exception, who knows

Yea i have a powerhead and its a 64 litre dunno what that is in gallons about 18 i think. I only have the one BN, the people whose BN are active how many do you have? Mayb its coz s/he is on its own. But i have look online and got lots of results saying they are shy and nocturnal so mayb you guys are lucky!!

Andybarron said:
Yea i have a powerhead and its a 64 litre dunno what that is in gallons about 18 i think. I only have the one BN, the people whose BN are active how many do you have? Mayb its coz s/he is on its own. But i have look online and got lots of results saying they are shy and nocturnal so mayb you guys are lucky!!

64L is 17g. I wouldn't advise getting any more bnp because they really need a 20g minimum. That being said, I've got 2 one inch bnp in my 17g because I'm scared they will get sucked into the canister on my 70g.

Mumma.of.two said:
My 5 are the same! They are always out and about.

I agree my bristle nose is always out same with the l83. Put in a couple algae wafers, are always will go find them.
I also only have one pleco in each tank

Attachments

• image-913190174.jpg
    image-913190174.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3043503399.jpg
    image-3043503399.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 130
Cool thanks everyone! Ill try algae wafers! Its not a problem that i dnt see it aslkng as its happy but just want to make sure its ok! Will post if i get a sighting lol

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom