mitcores tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitcore

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I am a breeder of many sorts of fresh water fish,
here is just a few of the ones i breed, this is not the whole list
Angels,
Bristle noses
Jewels
Severums
Snails ( LOL anyone can do this one)
I have
1: 4ft tank, community
1: 3ft eastern long neck turtle tank
1: 2ft barb tank
1: 3ft cichlid tank

I started keeping fish for my sons, and started off with a tank of platties, swords and guppies, got bored of these smaller fish and branched off to the harder bigger fish
I have been breeding and keeping fish for yrs and still enjoy the pleasure of watching them,
I am currently planning on breeding my native turtle and selling the babies off, I have big plans for an out door drop down pond for the turtles and I plan on adding japense kois in this pond
On my to do list is have and own sea horses, I am still in the plan process of this, as they are tricky fish to own and expensive,
I am more then happy to help and offer advice on almost all fresh water fish and breeding, I have added my fish pics to the photo section, that is only a small portion of what i own
I will keep adding pics as i get them

Thanks to dave66 a good friend of mine who brought me here, to get to know you all and have fun again with the fishy world

cheers all,
feel free to drop me a pm or post in here
I am more then happy to chat to you and help if i can

ok, well now i have introduced myself and told you about me and my tanks, i thought i would add an update
I have had my severums spawn, and my jewels, in the same tank, LOL alot of agression in there at the moment, the acara is hiding and attacking the green male severum when he swims pass,
the 4ft com tank is going i have had a angel pair spawn and they are chasing all other fish off, LOL i have a fully grown silver fin shark in thier and he is afraid of my angels,
My turtle is getting his daily excerise by chasing the feeder fish around the tank, LOL one day he will trap them

other then that all is well in the tanks and my fish are all happy and healthy
cheers

I know arent those sharks kinda wussies??? haha mine gets scared of a german blue ram that is half his size. He gives way really easily when it comes to a shrimp on the surface that he is going for and another fish is going for at the same time. Weird

LOL they sure are, the silver shouldnt be afraid of the angels, It is bigger then them

A few tank pics, these dont look the same any more
the 3ft with the platties was my very first tank set up

I have all these tanks still will post up new pics of the tanks shortly

Attachments

• 3ft com.jpg
    3ft com.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 3ft breeder.jpg
    3ft breeder.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 76
  • 4ft.jpg
    4ft.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 55 breeder.jpg
    55 breeder.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 81
today is a puzzle day, i have got 3 dead corys in my 4ft com tank,
i havent changed anything and it looks to be disease free,
the water is crystal clear like always and my water stats are spot on,
so i am wondering if they died of old age, it is a shame they were breeders also, i guess it is a welcome to old age fish day LOL
anyhow i am going to buy more so i can keep breeding the bronzes
i have only got my peppered trio left

Back
Top Bottom