Mr. Sunshine's new digs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lollipops

Aquarium Advice Regular
From a 10 gallon with a pitiful amount of gravel, some worn-away sea shells, and orange tank water...
Mr. Sunshine has been enjoying his new 55 gallon home for about two weeks.

WIN_20170713_12_18_31_Pro.jpg

I've adored the process...

I took a 55 gal tank with an old cracking plastic brace, and silicon-ed in the glass brace from a different, cracked 55 gallon tank (*AFTER* all the effort of getting the brace OUT of its original tank).

I obsessed for ages over rinsing his new sand, especially considering that this is California... no water wasting here: I walked every bucket of rinse-water out to water plants in the yard.

I spent forever soaking and preparing his drift wood, leaching tannins and making sure it was clean before use...

I got BioHome Ultimate for his Aquaclear 110 biomedia filter.

I ordered foam to go over then end of the intake.

At first I started with a bit of elodea and java moss from the LFS, but ended up ordering bulk quantities online to make him a little kelp-like forest to weave through!

I got a bunch of marimo moss balls for him to peck at and push around :)

I keep a little digital thermometer AND a floating traditional thermometer, and a heater set on low, to keep his temperature at a consistent 70F (after tons of endless research, not just of opinions but of scholarly journals too.)

I love seeing him active and happy :)

Looks very nice. I keep small tetras, Khuli's, CPDs....always amazed at how big Goldie's get.

Back
Top Bottom