My 120g planted community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was kind of thinking that May have played a part. It's right above my 12" air stone.
It happens to mine, and my girlfriends mothers tank! It is the problem because when the bubbles hit the surface they pop and the moisture gets on the light or hood, which then becomes algae because of the humid and warm conditions.

Nice tank. That spotted cat is a synodontis. I believe an African featherfin.

I believe you are correct.

Got some new stock yesterday, 5 green tiger barbs, 5 red glass rosy barbs, and a fire eel. So excited about the fire eel. Drip acclimated him. Everyone seems to be getting along so far. Haven't seen much of my eel yet though, but not expecting to for a few days.

Any suggestions for lighting? My plants seem to keep dying. Not all but a majority. I'm stuck between LED and T5HO. Don't really want to break the bank either. 60" long and 26" deep. Looking for high or medium light and the least.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389772502.063457.jpg

So I did a partial water change today and now my fish are acting weird. Hanging out in he corners and towards the top of the tank. I'm only worried because one of my catfish is hanging out up top and normally he is hiding somewhere. Any suggestions? Temp is for some reason down to 78 from 81.

Ammonia is .25 for some reason
No2 0
No3 is 20-40 which is down a lot finally.

Glad it s better. Such a scarey thing to have happen. I forgot to add Prime once, they def let me know within an hour . Didn t know I could move that fast!

Glad it s better. Such a scarey thing to have happen. I forgot to add Prime once, they def let me know within an hour . Didn t know I could move that fast!

I've never used prime. I use API stress coat. I use well water. But I think I'm going to be switching to spring water. Getting it from a local a spring water dispenser. I feel like that would be a lot better for the fish. Then sit it out and warm it up and add my stress coat to it before putting it in the tank.

Lost a neon today. Tested the water one last time last night.
pH 7.2
Ammonia .25
NO2 0
NO3 160

I'm not sure where the nitrate spike is coming from? I'm so confused

Not yet. Still at work. Idk if I should? It threw it off this much already I don't want to do more damage. Some how my NO3 is back down to 20-40 and idk how.

Back
Top Bottom