my 125 cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wooow! what is the stocking?
the structures in there are amazing well done!!
and i see a very vivid zebra in there, they must be very happy :D xx

Thank u so much its been about a two month project. Got the tank with some assorted cichlids and canister filter with pump for 325 on Craigslist. Since then I have had some huge set backs but I've been learning the whole way. Not sure of all of the stock that I inherited but I have added 1 exo anaguay 1 aristo blaze, 3 blue dolphin 1 rubesence peacock 1 nagra flametail 1 pheno. I have an absolutly amazing lfs called something fishy that specializes in cichlids and they have been absolutly great with me!! I will post a few more pics of the fish and if anyone could I d them that would be great the lfs told me once before but i forgot to take note of what I was being told. Oh yea n I know I have 4 venustus. Sorry for any miss spelled words but oh well lol. Thanks again.

id love to ID i actually look for posts with unknowns :p
the lighting shows off all the colours very well, its a stunning tank. i hope u get babies at some point!!
two months is alot of work so i bet your very proud of what now is :) xx

Yea for sure I've bought the lights, new substrate, a 1025 gph circulation pump and plumbing equipment to get the canister under the tank I will send a pic of the tank when I first got it.

1) sunshine yellow peacock (aulonocara maleri)
2) electric blue hap (sciaenochromis ahli)
3) malawi sand diver (fossochromis rostratus)
4) which one to ID? beautiful fish though!
5) i love the cabinet!!
i hope this helps xx

Cool thanks. The cabinet came with the tank also!! Um always liked cichlid tanks but never had the space or money but I was looking for a hobby that kept me home and i came across this great deal and just kinda started gettin carried away but i find great serenity in it all. Can't wait till some of my newest fish start to mature. Also forgot that u got a baby lemon Jake recently also!!

Aahhh the Malawi sand divers are the two that I also purchased as a male female combo i always forget the name. Weird though they always swim at the top of the tank together back and forth I telltale never see them at the bottom. Thanks a lot!! Love the input I will continue to update as I try and change things up every once in a while

I am not sure they were in seperate tanks at my lfs I know he breeds them there cause he took me to his breeding room and showed me what a mature male looks like and that's what sold me on the purchase. It's an amazing looking fish. The male was 30 and since I do a lot of business with this guy he gave me both for 40.

you def have some venustus in there (one of my FAVS!!)

most people on here will rudely tell you how horrible they get but i've had 3, my current is 4inches+ & is my most docile fish out of my 11 africans

AWESOME ROCK SET UP!!! they must love it :D

yes venustus can be very naughty, but they will have a hard time competing with auratus. iv never had a quiet or nice auratus, and most have been female! except the fry, even then they fight alot lol.

going over the post and looking at images i agree theres things like venustus, peacocks, zebras etc.... but is that a jack dempsey? the big black one? x

Yea yea its a jack he's old an actually super chill!! I know they normally don't mix but the owner of my cichlid shop, (something fishy) says he's older and that's why he's so calm. For the time being ima done on adding fish just bought that sunshine peacock and my other peacock killed him in about 3 hours and unfortunatly I don't have another tank yet but I'm working on it cause I know as many of my newbies mature I run the gauntlet of a Vietnam reinactment in there. Can anyone I'd the light blue/purple looking one its got an ice blue look to it.thanks guys love the input n info n thanks for the compliments.

ForumRunner_20111031_160450.jpg

Yea yea its a jack he's old an actually super chill!! I know they normally don't mix but the owner of my cichlid shop, (something fishy) says he's older and that's why he's so calm.

View attachment 58917

he just might be fine in there & i'm rooting for ya 100%, i just wanna tell you, at the hospital i work at they had cichlid tanks and they added 2 mated oscars into one of the tanks.. it was fine for about 6 months but we just noticed the oscars eating / beating up some of the good sized africans.. and totally devouring the smaller one.. and these 2 are DEF mature oscars at around 11inches+ each lol

who knows though.. i've had africans w/ my oscars, parrots, cats & whatever else i crammed in when i was just starting, and i NEVER had issues w/ the africans getting beat up or killed.. only reason i rehomed my africans back then was because everyone on here told me i was in for a blood bath lol

good luck homie :)

Ahh yea makes sense I'm not totally hooked on him as he was one of the fish that came with the tank so if need be he's out if he decides to pull any shananagans. Especially with some of the higher priced fish in here. But hopefully I will have another tank real shortly here. Working on a gettin a 55g for 20 bucks from a bud my main concern is getting a filter for the right price since i have everything else from the start of this tank just to get started. Oh yea n not to mention I have to time it right with the girl unfortunately. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom