My 135g cichlid aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulm7373

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, here are a few pics of my 6' custom-built cichlid aquarium as well as various pics of my fish. Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 269
Nice work sir, looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

WOW! One of the best tanks Ive seen. Love all your yellow labs

Thanks JoeMan, yeah the yellows are one of my favourite cichlids, I have 17 of those in there plus 14 red zebras amongst many other types. They are all getting on so well surprisingly, I think they feel more comfortable than ever because there's so many of them lol.

Lol same here! I have two huge filters running on it as well

Thanks Barliman! Always wanted my tank to have that "wow" factor in it and not something I would get quickly bored with. The scaping consists of 3 main pieces of artificial Texas Holley rock made by Universal Rocks as well as a few smaller pieces of real rocks. I've also added 4 x anubias plants attached onto driftwood not only for my pleco but also to contrast against all the white in the tank. I think I have plenty of yellow/orange coloured fish and will probably try and add a few more blues. My filtration is a 38g sump containing bio blocks and filter wool.

That's another favourite of mine as well, it's a Eureka or Rubin Red Peacock. The blue faced yellow peacock is also a nice one. Red Zebras are those smaller orange fish you can see mingled in with the electric yellows in the 2nd pic.

IMG_4112.jpg
Blue face red body
Eureka red peacock.
I have a sub dominate male and 10 fry right now. Would be willing to sell some if you aren't too far away.

Back
Top Bottom