My 15G tank first tank fully cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oklahomaNew621

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This Is my first tank and its fully cycled. " thunder up" also..what do you think?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120606_180953.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120606_180953.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20120606_181001.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120606_181001.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20120606_181009.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120606_181009.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 98
A lot ha... a sword tail,Betta, red tail shark, platy, two tettra with yellow and black fins, and a few other I can't remember... 10 total my aquarium store was very particular. It can support all of them with out overcrowding.

oklahomaNew621 said:
A lot ha... a sword tail,Betta, red tail shark, platy, two tettra with yellow and black fins, and a few other I can't remember... 10 total my aquarium store was very particular. It can support all of them with out overcrowding.

Your store was incorrect
The red tail needs 75 gals
The swordtails need 40 gals
The tetras need a school of six or more and 20-30 gals depending on if hey are disc shaped or streamlined
Can we have pics of the unknowns? We can help you id them so you can get the properly sized tank for them or rehome them
The platy will be fine in it
The betta should be but have backup just in case

Wait- are your tetras they pink ones seen in the third photo? Those are white skirt tetras and need 40 gallons and a school of 6

I am moveing up to a 50 or up in February. She said it will be fine till then.

Does this plague look pregnant.... she ballooned this last week...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120607_065920.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120607_065920.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 88
Oh dear, there may be trouble ahead - I would take a lot of the fish back and go to an independent fish store who don't just want to make money out of you next time. The Red Tail Shark alone needs around 45 gallons.

Oh dear, there may be trouble ahead - I would take a lot of the fish back and go to an independent fish store who don't just want to make money out of you next time. The Red Tail Shark alone needs around 45 gallons.

75 is the minimum IMHO

200l is way enough for a Red Tail Shark - On it's own, no tank mates. 45 imperial gallons, roughly about 55 gallons.

Your store was incorrect
The red tail needs 75 gals
The swordtails need 40 gals
The tetras need a school of six or more and 20-30 gals depending on if hey are disc shaped or streamlined
Can we have pics of the unknowns? We can help you id them so you can get the properly sized tank for them or rehome them
The platy will be fine in it
The betta should be but have backup just in case
A Red Tail Shark may be aggressive, you give it an extra amount of gallonage, but 75Gs is excessive. A 55 is fine. They only get 5-6". Although a bigger tank is always better.

A Swordtail, also somewhat aggressive is fine in a 30G and will enjoy the 55.

Most Tetras need 20 Gallon Longs but some do need 30G + as stated.

Betta and Platy are fine.

When you get the 55, hopefully soon, I would up the school of the tetras to about 8, give the Swordtail some friends as well as the Platy. Red Tail Sharks are territorial so I would keep bottom feeders to a minimum.

Nice tank...!

Back
Top Bottom