My 17g Planted Tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got my full carpet of UG. I'm so thrilled and proud of her ("the tank"), I just had to post this picture :)

13375469423_6dfa2c2d7e_b.jpg

B-E-Autiful!! How long did that take to grow in?
The Ram in the bottom right corner is like "Yep, my lawns looking good."

That is one beautiful looking tank!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

B-E-Autiful!! How long did that take to grow in?
The Ram in the bottom right corner is like "Yep, my lawns looking good."

Thank you. It took about 2 months from rescape/planting to develop where it's at today. Yeah the Ram is an interesting fellow. He combs through the lawn among other places.

Very nice!!! MTS has been transmitted!

Yeah MTS bit me a while back... it still bothers me now when it whispers "suggestive" thoughts on new acquisitions. I....MUST...RESIST! LOL

So does this mean another tank is in your near future after that 45F of yours?

Depends if I succeed with the 45f!!!! Lol

I realize I'm in for a roller coaster ride!
Stay tuned...

Perhaps the f stands for "f*cked! Lol

But seriously, I'm loving the experience!!

^^ LOL... don't be so hard on yourself. It's still shocking that you know as much as you do and have such a refined taste for being new. I think you'll get a handle on it. It's usually the initial setup phase that you'll encounter all the "issues." Once that blows over, it's pretty much smooth sailing so long as you keep things balanced.

Will the misses understand the MTS bug? Or is she still questioning catching you in the act of talking to your tank and plants? haha

I got her an LV wallet aka buying myself immunity for the time being. Hehe My not watching my normal tv but watching definite aquascape tv and reading Clive posts, Brian posts, and all the cool cats at aa and ukaps warranted the investment. Thus, it's been 6 weeks of this obsession!!! What's going on with me? Aquascaping considered a mid life crisis?? lol

I got her an LV wallet aka buying myself immunity for the time being. Hehe My not watching my normal tv but watching definite aquascape tv and reading Clive posts, Brian posts, and all the cool cats at aa and ukaps warranted the investment. Thus, it's been 6 weeks of this obsession!!! What's going on with me? Aquascaping considered a mid life crisis?? lol

Haha... the LV wallet! Nice one, bro. I love watching Aquascape TV too... it's amazing the stuff they have overseas. They seem to be a few steps ahead of us, but we're catching up.. maybe not in popularity in terms of "market." Watch The Green Machine videos and Tropica, both got some excellent scaping from beginning to end videos.

Hmm, aquascaping it's not considered a midlife crisis. We have hobbyists of all ages. Not sure what to say about that. Just another avenue to explore and blow copious amount of money on I guess.

Salamat! Man... it's cool to see some Pinoy members up in this forum. How's the aquarium hobby in the PI?

Are you a filipino too? :)

In our province, I think there is really a big room for improvement in terms of aquarium hobbying. It's quite scarce of reliable private sellers and especially LFS (or maybe I just haven't found them yet). I don't know in Manila though, I think the hobby there is really good since our LFS says they ship their fishies from there :)

Beautiful. Making me want to throw out the plastic!!

We've all been there... I even thought I was "upgrading" when i went from plastic to silk fake plants. Going with real plants is the best thing I've done with my aquarium so far. Go for it, it's so rewarding!

We've all been there... I even thought I was "upgrading" when i went from plastic to silk fake plants. Going with real plants is the best thing I've done with my aquarium so far. Go for it, it's so rewarding!

I LOVE tree/plants etc... so really it's a no brainer for me but since I'm newer to keeping fish I was just taking the 1 step at a time approach.

A Q for you - I see how much growth you've had in a short time. I am worried I'll be forever pruning as surely the plants will take over the tank if you don't stay on top of it?

Back
Top Bottom