my 180 gallon what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is actually kinda easy just time consuming. What I did was googled DIY aquarium backgrounds and then just kinda did my own thing. The hardest part was putting it in. I built mine outside of the tank if I had to do it again I would do it in the tank. I put one heck of a scratch on the glass that drives me crazy. So my next thing I will tell you is if you think you have enough silicon add another full bottle or 2. Cause mine broke loose and I had a lot of fixing to do. Here is one for you and there are even you tube videos aswell. O and you can buy them but they are not cheap and I made mine for under 70 U.S. dollars.

Designing this looks very daunting. Thanks for the site, btw. I might consider designing it inside the tank like you mentioned. Sounds easier. Huge scratch or not, your tank is sweet!
If I have a question, I may ask you, but this site at a glance looks very informative. I appreciate it.

Andrew McFadden said:
It's fake, I made it out of Styrofoam. I was scared ro put that much real rock in there because of how heavy it is. Just 180 gallons of water is like 1500 pounds without the tank itself.

I had no idea! It looks great.

Thanks my next project is a pond this summer. Then I'm going to go back to saltwater cause I'm just not completely satisfied. I want to do 1 more tank around the 100 gallon marker in reef

I have always wanted a saltwater tank, however, I think I need to learn a lot more about fish and upkeep before I take on a challenge like that!

The little :fish2: become better to manage once you get past the first few months. Saltwater took me a little over a year before I had it under control. But with all and all its all good and don't forget we are all here to help.

Still pretty cool!!! I think it would be super neat to have a saltwater tank! The fish are so beautiful with very vivid and vibrant colors! I love it!! :)

Back
Top Bottom