My 20 gallon Re-done!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy91

Aquarium Advice Activist
So heres the pictures I have promised alot of people... My 20 gallon first tank redone into a fully planted tank! Hope yall like it, still have to add a few more plants and the wires will be taken out once the wood has waterlogged. :D Also starting a 10 gallon non-planted and will be posting pics of that soon.

45109-albums2359-picture19788.jpg

I like the plants. Do you have a pictures of it before you re-did it?

Thank you :)
Yes I do here ya are :) Big changes over time. (The castle had to go it was killing alot of my fish and didn't really like it, I wanted a full real working tank with all real stuff. But you guys will see the castle returning in my 10 gallon hopefully it all goes well in there :D)

Stage 1 (first set up)
45109-albums2359-picture15430.jpg

Stage 2
45109-albums2359-picture17322.jpg

Thanks! I really like the re-do a lot! It looks way better than the castle. :) What kind of plants do you have in there?

Thanks! I really like the re-do a lot! It looks way better than the castle. :) What kind of plants do you have in there?

Thank you :D

Right now I currently have...
In the far right front conner -(name slips my mind) Starts with Temple..something.. lol.
Back - Jungle Vals/ Italian Vals
In the front/side/top of wood - Anubias Barteri Nana
Left side - Lucky Bamboo
Front and few in the back left not seen - Is a grass plant that I always forget the name of :ermm:.

Soon to be adding a few more to fill up the back and one on the wood but not sure what yet. :)

It looks nice. I really like the vals. :)
I didn't even notice the bamboo, but I do need to tell you that its not totally aquatic so it will drown in your tank unless the leaves stick out into the air. I suggest growing it in a different pot for awhile and then you can put it back in the tank once its taller. :)

It looks nice. I really like the vals. :)
I didn't even notice the bamboo, but I do need to tell you that its not totally aquatic so it will drown in your tank unless the leaves stick out into the air. I suggest growing it in a different pot for awhile and then you can put it back in the tank once its taller. :)

This I've been told and understand about the bamboo :), but since I got it has grown quite a bit in the tank. It's already getting leaves up at the top of the tank and doing really well to my surprise it also has some great roots already spreading everywhere!

Looking good! Are you using CO2 or just ferts?

Back
Top Bottom