My 20 long update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Athaocity

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello ppl of AA!
I added a rock into my 20 long southeast Asia theme biotope.
Bought the rock from my lfs. They have really nice rock selections, most of are too big for my tank though.
Anyway hope you all like it.

Here's a before and after.
Any suggestions of how I can rearrange my rock is welcomed too :D

image-515412320.jpg

image-856498125.jpg

Sry for bad quality pics. It's taken from an iPhone.
Here's a few more shots as you asked.

image-3417329340.jpg

image-3265537222.jpg

image-3016542339.jpg

image-891641095.jpg

Attachments

• image-1800476549.jpg
    image-1800476549.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 201
corinne118s said:
I like the green background. Is the hood stable?

Thanks. Actually I don't have any background. :D I guess it just appears green. The hood is stable. I didn't want the filter to be on the back so I had the filter on the side. That's why the hood just sits on the filter.

BHead707 said:
I really dig the left side of the tank

Lol thanks. I'm planning to add more cryptorynes on the right side as well. Also change the dw on the right side to one with more branches.

I am debating if I should get sand or a light timer. Can't seem to figure it out if "now or later"
The sand is to replace the gravel like substrate I have now in my 20long , if I get sand I'll get more crypts. And the light timer is for later use in the 10 gal planted I'll be doing soon. I already have fluorite red ready for the 10.
They both cost around the same price.

Accumulating two assassin snails to fend off pest snails.

image-1340964577.jpg

Found a good pic with the white dots that have appeared on my dw. I believe they may be snail eggs.

image-4012125947.jpg

Awesome! Just saw one of the A. Snail clean up one of the biggest snail pest in my tank. They be doing their work!!
>.<

Ok I did big major rescaping. The rock does not match up with my tank. Going to remove it when I set my ten gal up
image-585221266.jpg

got this new malaysian dw btw.

image-135196072.jpg

Athaocity said:
Ok I did big major rescaping. The rock does not match up with my tank. Going to remove it when I set my ten gal up

got this new malaysian dw btw.

I like all the plants on the dw, they really give it some age

Athaocity said:
Accumulating two assassin snails to fend off pest snails.

Found a good pic with the white dots that have appeared on my dw. I believe they may be snail eggs.

Assassin snails are a good idea. When I got a couple of them, they sorted my snail problem sharpish!!

Carole2 said:
Assassin snails are a good idea. When I got a couple of them, they sorted my snail problem sharpish!!

They are also great new tank mates too :)

absolutangel04 said:
I think it looks good. I agree that the plants around the dw look cool. :)
What fish are you planning for it?

Thanks, Oh! Well I'm already stocked right now, Maybe a little bit over stocked.
I currently have
1 betta,
2 corydora (peppered & aeneus)
10 harlequin rasboras
1 Amano shrimp
2 assassin snail

Thats cool. I really like harlequin rasboras. They are lovely little guys. I don't think thats overstocked for a 20g long at all. If anything, I would add another couple of cories.
I assume you know that cories aren't Asian, but they are pretty fin to have. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Thats cool. I really like harlequin rasboras. They are lovely little guys. I don't think thats overstocked for a 20g long at all. If anything, I would add another couple of cories.
I assume you know that cories aren't Asian, but they are pretty fin to have. :)

Yeah, the cories have been in the tank for a while. Before, they were in a ten gal, their barbs and fins where nipped and such. So I took them into the 20L and they have been healthy since. The cories will be taken out someday, I'm unable to rehome them now.

Yeah, the cories have been in the tank for a while. Before, they were in a ten gal, their barbs and fins where nipped and such. So I took them into the 20L and they have been healthy since. The cories will be taken out someday, I'm unable to rehome them now.
Hey, I'm not judging. I love my cories. Besides, you can always say they represent one of the invasive species in Asia. ;)

Back
Top Bottom