my 200 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1972ford

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here's a video of my aquarium looking for ideas on larger species I could add without I'll effect on my existing community

My 200 gallon aquarium:

all plants are live in tank this video was taken just before my water change. I run 2 fluval 405 a sponge filter and another filter I use to quarantine new arrivals.

Also if you have any equipment suggestions that would be great as well. I am thinking about upgrading the lighting to a pair of 36" finnex 24/7 led lights.

Tank demos ions are 7' x2' by 2'

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Lots of cool fish! Huge common pleco, glad to see it in a big aquarium, not some kids 10 gallon. Keep it up!

Link worked!!
Check out Denison barbs(roseline sharks).
Pleco looks to be pretty big???
He claims the bio filter of 10-20 average fish atleast IMO.
By no means the gospel but check out AQadvisor for stocking capacity,compatability,and requirements as an informational aid in your choice.
I have clown loaches also that like the roselines prefer to kept in schools(6++IMO).
I have both in my 180.
Again try to get an accurate assessment of your stocking;
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Well looks like according to aqua adviser I am overstocked compared to my filtration but 97% on the tank size alone not bad I guess lol I hope my plants can take care of the 15% of filtration I'm short on.

Or maybe I can use the findings to convince the ol lady to let me rig up a massive sump in the form of one of those planted waterfall tanks that petsmart uses to display plants with at some stores. I got one in the shed unused that would add 400 gallons to the system

I'm glad you checked them out.
NOW(not the gospel),but they are a decent reference.
Many factors need to account in stock/overstocking.
The pleco is big, lets just say he could possibly be considered too big for tank and thus overstocked.
Can't stretch tank so rehome is eventual.
Now too many tetras or rainbows may only be a comapatability issue or water quality issue.
If the fish are compatible but in numbers to cause overstocking , something as simple as waterchanges can help to deal with this IMO.

Did you see how much your stocking changed by removing the pleco?

Years ago when I had many more fish in my 180 AQadvisor said I was 212%.:nono:
Tank ran smooth as could be with healthy water changes and my large sump.:rolleyes:

LARGE SUMP!:whistle:
The waterfall thingy......YES!YES!YES!(y)
Any sump would be helpful but 400 more g!!!!!!!:dance:

I would have to house the sump away from the display like 20ft minimum as there is no room for a 6'x4' sump near my display tank. Although I could ditch the couch in the kids living room lol. The other downside is having to work my way through the crawlspace (12" short in places) to reinforce the floor for the sump it's a long perilous journey under the house took my 6 hours to brace the floor for the display last time.

I went and added sponges to my powerheads to give me additional filtration while moving water around can't do anything but make my filtration a little better

Back
Top Bottom