My 29 gallon! Final (almost) product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya, I'm sure they will then...what about a sweet Betta that matches your girlfriends :)

I can't remember if you even like Bettas, but they are a sweet way to add color to a community tank :)

Oh I have a Betta in my 10 gallon. His name is Bart and he's awesome. :) he's big! I just recently bought my soon to be 8 year old brother a red half-moon Betta for his birthday. He's so awesome! I just wouldn't want a Betta who would hurt my cardinals. Bart didn't like tank mates at first at all. :/

I love bettas! I'd love a half-moon for myself as well... They're so awesome... I guess it wouldn't be too bad for the bioload... So maybe 4-5 more cardinals and a Betta? That could be pushing it. Haha. I am a huge Betta fan though... Look what you've done joyler!

Corbo said:
Oh I have a Betta in my 10 gallon. His name is Bart and he's awesome. :) he's big! I just recently bought my soon to be 8 year old brother a red half-moon Betta for his birthday. He's so awesome! I just wouldn't want a Betta who would hurt my cardinals. Bart didn't like tank mates at first at all. :/

How did I miss these Bettas?! Upsetting! :) does the bro LOVE it?! I didnt realize you had Bettas :)

Yay!! I think Bettas are some of the coolest fish! At the risk of going off topic...you should try and breed them! That is really exciting to watch! Seriously though, I'm glad you like Bettas! They are a great companion!

mfdrookie516 said:
Corbo... tank looks great! You've done a very nice job.

+1 wow! Compliments from fort and Mfdrookie! I think that means you got a good thing goin... :)

Oh yes! Bettas are what started me in this hobby. I never posted a pic of "flame" my brother's Betta. He's small. I'll include some here.

The painting is by my girlfriend of my Betta. And one is of him acting like he's dead. Under a moss ball.

And yes my brother loves flame!

Attachments

• image-2052051782.jpg
    image-2052051782.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image-782978566.jpg
    image-782978566.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4122381508.jpg
    image-4122381508.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3016736532.jpg
    image-3016736532.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 63
  • image-475172238.jpg
    image-475172238.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 56
Yes! Oh my god! I have fulfilled my purpose in life! Compliments from my heroes in the planted tank world

Seriously, you guys have boosted my confidence so much. I loved my tank, but now I'm super proud of it. Haha. Thanks so much for all the compliments.

-Corbin

well well well, will you look at that....I am so proud of you Corbin....

your tank is so amazing looking....very good job....

wish mine can finish cycling already so I can have some fishies....

I love the picture by your girlfriend!! So cool, the color of your Betta is electrifying and I love the half moon! Betta finnage is so cool :) such a fantastic variety!!

daileene said:
well well well, will you look at that....I am so proud of you Corbin....

your tank is so amazing looking....very good job....

wish mine can finish cycling already so I can have some fishies....

I haven't seen you in forever! I'm glad your here :), and his tank does look fantastic right?! I'm jealous!

i miss my betta now...he died 2 months ago :-(...i will really get one again when I can rehome my koi and fancy goldfishes.

joylerrrrrrrrr.......you missed me? hehehehe! i am around, just lurking! LOL!

i know he's tank is awesome....I am jealous too. i am almost done cycling my 4.4G. I have been waiting for severum mama's response for my fishes' orders if they have some stocks...wish they do. I don't want to get them from another place.

Haha thank you daileene! :)

Thanks to joyler now I'm gonna have to get a Betta for this tank. :) I think my bioload can handle it. But I have to go half-moon. But then again, I kinda like it being just Bart and I from the beginning. It's all so hard to get everything perfect.

That's my girlfriend's first ever painting! She did it for our one year anniversary. I love it so much. She loves me even past my weird obsession with fish. :)

daileene said:
i miss my betta now...he died 2 months ago :-(...i will really get one again when I can rehome my koi and fancy goldfishes.

joylerrrrrrrrr.......you missed me? hehehehe! i am around, just lurking! LOL!

i know he's tank is awesome....I am jealous too. i am almost done cycling my 4.4G. I have been waiting for severum mama's response for my fishes' orders if they have some stocks...wish they do. I don't want to get them from another place.

I'm regretting not ordering from them, the liveaquaria people are awesome to deal with.. But they sent me 2 neons instead of the cardinal tetras... So I have 2 neons schooling with the big boys. Its rather funny. 2 of my cardinals died, so they refunded me for 4- 2 dead and 2 wrong fish... I wish they'd just send me new fish, but even I understand that's a huge loss for them

I think a Betta would do real well in there, even if it were a female...the luminescence of the scales is so pretty

Back
Top Bottom