My 29 gallon! Final (almost) product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah...i kinda just set my goal to just ordering from SM and HN1 just because I heard a lot of good things about them. I am sure that their fishes are healthy and they ship their package good.

and you are very welcome Corbin...i am jealous you got the approval of my heroes too...LOL...

Can anyone tell me what severum mama and HN1 breed? I still haven't figured it out :)

I'm not sure what they breed... But I know they can order a lot. I do think they breed some though... I'm not sure really to be honest

Corbo said:
Yeah. I realized what I said was pointless... After I said it. :)

Why your not just staring at your tank...I'm not quite sure either :) I think I asked you a while back...but how did you cycle? Did you seed from someone else? Use fish food? Shrimp?

It took my forever... But I used pure ammonia from ace hardware... Plus I'm pretty dense on the plants so that helps with my nitrates... Which have never been over 20. :) I love plants. I'm not looking at my tank because it's dark... Just a single led night light on there now. Still watch it periodically. I think my hard work of cycling has paid off! I can even keep Otos! And happy ones at that! And people say they're finicky...

I didn't have anyone to steal filter media from either.

Can anyone tell me what severum mama and HN1 breed? I still haven't figured it out :)

I don't know what they breed and what they can get from somewhere, but I do know they have more than 70 tanks...does that help? LOL...

It took my forever... But I used pure ammonia from ace hardware... Plus I'm pretty dense on the plants so that helps with my nitrates... Which have never been over 20. :) I love plants. I'm not looking at my tank because it's dark... Just a single led night light on there now. Still watch it periodically. I think my hard work of cycling has paid off! I can even keep Otos! And happy ones at that! And people say they're finicky...

I didn't have anyone to steal filter media from either.

How long did it take you to cycle? I am more jealous now. I have 3 tanks cycling here, 2 without fishes yet, and 1 with just one pleco but all with plants. The longest one that is still cycling has been 57 days....I am getting frustrated. The other one had been seeded but it still took longer, it's been over a month..then my 4.4 finally looked like it is cycled but this one took like over a month too.

I'd say it took me close to a month and a half or so... I've had the tank for like a few months and the first few months I knew nothing about anything. I just planted plants... I had too high of ammonia at one point and did massive pwc... But after that my nitrites spiked fast and then went down to 0 after... A few weeks id say.

Congrats on doin it all yourself very impressive! What lights do you have on it? If it's so dense, you must have some good lighting...but it escapes me!

It's not dense to my liking... I want a carpet! Haha. But I have a 30" fixture by current USA. It's 48w T5HO which defies the law of wpg. I used to have 2x26w CFLs over it. But I think it's better with the T5

Corbo said:
It's not dense to my liking... I want a carpet! Haha. But I have a 30" fixture by current USA. It's 48w T5HO which defies the law of wpg. I used to have 2x26w CFLs over it. But I think it's better with the T5

Ya, one week and I'll be usin a Haggen Glo t5... Dumb birthdays never come fast when you want them to :)

I wish I were into this hobby last birthday I had... It would've been beneficial. I could've used the help!

Corbo said:
I wish I were into this hobby last birthday I had... It would've been beneficial. I could've used the help!

Haha...ya well at least we have the hobby now! :)

Agreed. And I love it. Maybe too much. Well, thanks for the compliments everyone! Any ideas or suggestions are welcome... I'm going to bed for now. Goodnight!

Back
Top Bottom