My 29G cichlid/tetra/gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

underdog5004

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a 29G FW tank and a 10G FW tank.

29G:

Substrate: 3" layer of small natural-type gravel mixed with flourite, 2" layer of large natural-type gravel over that.

Air Pump: Some adjustable-flow rate pump I bought at the salvation army for $2 (woo-hoo!) attached to a 2" airstone

Filter: Aqueon HOB filter rated for 30G tank, thinking about adding a 20G HOB filter I picked up for next to nothing.

Decorations: ~20lbs of Bowl Rock, some kind of Malaysian driftwood I bought today. I soaked it for about 12 hours, obviously not long enough, but I'm willing to just let the tannins leach out into my tank and get filtered/WC'd out.

Plants: 1 Java Fern, 1 Java Fern Rhizome, 2 clumps of Christmas moss.

Light: Cheap 17W flourescent light, which will be upgraded soon.

Fish:
1 betta
1 Gold Gourami
1 Blue Lobster
2 Kribensis Cichlids
2 German Blue Rams
2 Bolivian Rams
2 Cobalt Gouramis
5 Blue Flame Tetras

The water's a little murky from me moving all the rock around, making room for the driftwood, etc.

YouTube - 29G tank with various cichlids and other fish

10G tank:

Substrate: 3" of multicolored blue gravel

Air Pump: Pump rated for a 20G tank, hooked up to a home made bubble wand (length of air line with holes poked in it, works moderately well.

Filter: Old filter that came with the tank, takes a medium Biobag filter cartridge.

Decorations: ~5lbs of bowl rock

Plants: bunch of christmas moss attached to the bowl rock, anacharis lined around the tank on 3 sides

Light: 2 x 10W compact flourescent lights, spiral type.

Fish:
9 fancy guppies
2 dalmation mollies
3 platys
2 ghost shrimp
~10 ramshorn snails

Both tanks are in the video, plus my rats and cat :)

those tanks sound really cool. Wish I could view the video, but i am on my moble phone. when i get in front of my computer i will defently check them out.

Back
Top Bottom