My 29g Saltwater themed freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JettMillenia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I decided to try something different then the normal planted FW aquariums I normally see. This is my first tank and am pretty excited how it turned out.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to try something different then the normal planted FW aquariums I normally see. This is my first tank and am pretty excited how it turned out.

That is a beautiful Tank. I never would have guessed it was your first set up.
A couple of funny coincidence here though.
1. I have that same background on my 55g Cichlid tank, and
2. My other 55g FW tank that I got for the "free" Tinfoil Barbs
is also set up to resemble a Saltwater Tank.
Great minds and all that.
Anyway your tank looks perfect, you should be proud.
As soon as I figure out how to work my Digital Camera and how to get the pics, from Camera to computer, I will post a few pictures of both 55g tanks.
One last thing, how did it go at your LPS and getting your Albino Bushynose?

Great mind do think alike. And thank you, I am proud of my tank and love how it turned out. I did find a place that sells a albino bushynose pleco but they were all sold out at this time. Atleast they will get more soon

Bushynosed Pleco

Great mind do think alike. And thank you, I am proud of my tank and love how it turned out. I did find a place that sells a albino bushynose pleco but they were all sold out at this time. Atleast they will get more soon
Another thing to know about Plecos. When your Pleco comes in at your LFS, let them keep it for a week or so,
I'll explain why, when transporting Plecos they stop feeding them to cut down on waste production, nothing in, nothing out.
On larger Plecos it's not as big a deal. But the little guys don't have the reserves. To not feed them for a few days when they are that small leaves them very weak and easily killed by shock
And transporting them soon after and changing tanks again and water differences, can all cause shock.
So go pick him out and then let the LFS fatten him up for you, and stabilize him. You will have better luck and not have to worry about a stressed out baby Pleco.
But have fun when you do get him.
Wendi

That tank looks surprisingly good. If someone told me they were going to do that I would've pictured something ugly. Nice work!

Thank you everyone

Great info on the plecos wendi. I'll wait on buying one for alittle bit. But Im going to have to wait on any new fish as my fish caught ich :( Luckily I think I caught it at the beginning stages because its been a day and its already clearing up. Thanks to AA of course

I'm sorry to hear that you got a case of ick.
I lost an entire 55 gallon Tank of community fish A little over a year ago. From the time I figured out what they were sick with to the time they all died, was 8 hours. It was surprisingly traumatic for my entire family.:cry:
I'm so glad you found AA before you suffered any losses.
Again, let me know when things have cleared up and you are able to get your Albino Pleco.:multi:

Yeah I got caught it early enough to start curing it quickly.
Haha my fish are always extra happy then haha

Ya me too, it should be all cleared up by tomorrow. I only see acouple faint dots left on the molly. Then ill wait acouple weeks before added anything new

Back
Top Bottom