My 30 gallon barb and pleco tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bham_lion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 30 gallon barb and pleco tank. I am a newbie and have this tank for only 2 years.

Attachments

• image-992061280.jpg
    image-992061280.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 278
Fishkeeper26 said:
Looks good!! What kind of pleco is it?

It is a sailfin pleco, super hardy and super hard working in cleaning the tank, love it :)

Is that a background or the back wall? Can't tell but it looks great! What type of Barbs are they?

jcolon said:
Is that a background or the back wall? Can't tell but it looks great! What type of Barbs are they?

It is a background. You should be find it in some fish stores, otherwise, try to get it online.

jcolon said:

I originally got albino, jade and regular barbs, but only found that they have different levels of aggressiveness ( jade>regular>albino) . I have only jade and regular ones now

I originally got albino, jade and regular barbs, but only found that they have different levels of aggressiveness ( jade>regular>albino) . I have only jade and regular ones now

Oh yeah ... the three tiger barb variants. They're also the most notorious fin nippers. I love them ....the Green (jade) Barbs are my favorite. My three have fairly equal levels of aggressiveness .. but since they're in a tank with other Barbs, I don't see it as much I suppose. Except on occasion when the males duke it out for dominance of the shoal ... in fact one of my male albino's the street tough ... gets into it the most!

Nice setup :) it has a nice clean look to it.
What kind of barbs do you have in there? I can't really see any in the picture.

I totally agree , green barbs are my favorite too :). But I always find one or two of my barbs are having part of their tails missing. Does that happen to your barbs too? All my albino ones failed to survive in my tank for some unknown reasons :(

kaiofcanada said:
Nice setup :) it has a nice clean look to it.
What kind of barbs do you have in there? I can't really see any in the picture.

Maui, there are totally five fish in the pic :). I have regular and green barbs there

I totally agree , green barbs are my favorite too :). But I always find one or two of my barbs are having part of their tails missing. Does that happen to your barbs too? All my albino ones failed to survive in my tank for some unknown reasons :(

Sorry to hear about your Albinos's probably bad stock.

Yep .. sounds like your males are going at it for dominance of the shoal .. it happens. How many Barbs do you have? As long as no one Barb (usually the smallest) is being bullied by the others, nipped fins among Barbs seems to be the norm.

Is it a 3d background or just one of the regular paper backgrounds? I love that background. I am looking for something just like that.

jcolon said:
Sorry to hear about your Albinos's probably bad stock.

Yep .. sounds like your males are going at it for dominance of the shoal .. it happens. How many Barbs do you have? As long as no one Barb (usually the smallest) is being bullied by the others, nipped fins among Barbs seems to be the norm.

I used to have more, but recently, some albino ones died and I have only six of them plus one pleco.

Ryan_waite said:
Is it a 3d background or just one of the regular paper backgrounds? I love that background. I am looking for something just like that.

It is a regular one. Search online and I am sure you will find it

Back
Top Bottom