My 30g bow front tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TinyPatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
2 Irredesant sharks
2 blue gouramies
1 gold gourami

Fake log and plants but i will get real plants soon

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110403_084906.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_084906.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 174
5g Fluvul chi tank

4 fancy guppys
2 rasbora tetras
3 neon tetras
2 cori catfish

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110403_085305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_085305.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 178
  • ForumRunner_20110403_085314.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_085314.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 171
  • ForumRunner_20110403_085332.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_085332.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 168
Update and pics on 30g fw bowfront
Assorted live plants
Co2 kit

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110411_232132.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110411_232132.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 185
Oh i am well aware i have a 125g in storage. When they reach 8'' im moving them to that. They are only 3" now so im not to worrried.

Oh i am well aware i have a 125g in storage. When they reach 8'' im moving them to that. They are only 3" now so im not to worrried.

OK just making sure :D

A 125 will eventually be too small for them as well but as long as you keep providing a big enough aquarium as they grow its all good!

Just caved and got a silver arowana $80 fish for $40. Gotta love sales!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110417_103335.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110417_103335.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 136
please tell me that arowana is not in a 30g tank. No matter how small, that fish will never be happy in that tank and will grow FAST.

That fish will not even be able to live its life in your 125g tank. It's going to need around a 200g tank minimum. I really think you should consider returning the arowana.

+1 on what flake said especially that type of arrowana it quickly grows into a monster, the 125 might be ok for a few months but you need a serous size tank asap

Also it looks like some of your plants might be non-aquatic. The one that looks like it has bark at the base and the one with white outline around the edges of the leaves. If these are in fact non aquatic plants they're gonna foul your water.

And I agree return the Arowana.

Your 5 gallon is overstocked as well. None of those fish should be in there. A betta an African dwarf frog (MAYBE) and/or some shrimp and snails Is about all you could put in there.

I moved everything from the 5g to a 10g and am now am stocking the 5g with 5 neon tetras. Im in the process of setting up the 125 just for the arowana. Still need to get a couple thi.gs tho. Would he be ok by himself in a 55 for the time being? I just cant part with him. He is 7" right now

TinyPatFish said:
Also all the plants were in water at the store so im pretty sure the are ok for the tank.

just because they were in water at the store dosnt mean a thing. when i was a newbie i bought mondo grass a commpletly non aquatic plant and it fouled up my water. trust these guys if you wana test it your self place them in a clear container fully submerged and see what happens over the course of a few weeks to a month

TinyPatFish said:
I moved everything from the 5g to a 10g and am now am stocking the 5g with 5 neon tetras. Im in the process of setting up the 125 just for the arowana. Still need to get a couple thi.gs tho. Would he be ok by himself in a 55 for the time being? I just cant part with him. He is 7" right now

Not even the tetras will fit... How about a betta?

TinyPatFish said:
Also all the plants were in water at the store so im pretty sure the are ok for the tank.

I'm no expert by any means, just giving you a heads up. I'm looking at the pictures on my iPhone so I cant get that much detail. Check out www.plantgeek.net to be certain.

Your white/green leaf plant looks like Dracaena Sanderiana which is non-aquatic. As for the one with bark, IMO that looks like the palm trees they sell at the front entrance of Home Depot in the clay pots. Maybe it'll be fine but I thought that there weren't any truly aquatic plants that had bark? Does anyone know otherwise?

He really needs a bigger tank. They grow FAST. I do mean FAST. He won't be able to turn around in a 55 in much longer.

The 125 won't even be enough for him.

All the plants came from petco in the aquarium section. They were potted mixed plants. They were all submerged in a display tank there.

Back
Top Bottom