My 45 gallon tropical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramirezr56

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, I'm new so I figured to show some pics of my tank. It's all live plants.

5 angel fish
1 silver dollar
1 blue acei
1 pleco
1 ghost knife
1 clown loach
1 balla shark

I will be looking for advise as time goes on so any suggestions would be helpful. The forums have truly helped with getting things rite in my tank so thanks to everyone.

image-2344956879.jpg

My tank

image-1007579128.jpg

:welcome: to AA! :)
5 angel fish
1 silver dollar
1 blue acei
1 pleco
1 ghost knife
1 clown loach
1 balla shark

The silver dollar gets way too big for your tank IMO and needs a proper shoal. That's three too many angelfish, I would sell some and leave just two. Your blue acei will get super aggressive and eventually try to kill all your fish, not to mention it needs different water requirements.

What pleco is it?

The ghost knife needs a bigger tank as well unless you have plans for a 110 gallon upgrade, I would try to return him. The clown loach needs a bigger school as well (foot long is how big it will grow) and may need a 110 as well if you plan on keeping it.

The bala also grows a foot long and needs a school, I would recommend 120 and upward for it.

Thanks for the feedback. I just upgraded from a 29 gallon about a month ago and plan on moving up to 100 gallon + in the near future. They are growing quickly and I guess it's because of the diet. They are spoiled with mysis shrimp & blood worms only. I test the tank weekly & all levels are perfect. My acei actually is pretty calm and stays away from all of my other fish for now. The placo is a leopard spotted with a fan fin on his back. Thank you for the feedback as I will be going bigger as my finances allow.

Thanks for the feedback. I just upgraded from a 29 gallon about a month ago and plan on moving up to 100 gallon + in the near future. They are growing quickly and I guess it's because of the diet. They are spoiled with mysis shrimp & blood worms only. I test the tank weekly & all levels are perfect. My acei actually is pretty calm and stays away from all of my other fish for now. The placo is a leopard spotted with a fan fin on his back. Thank you for the feedback as I will be going bigger as my finances allow.

Glad to hear, good luck with all those fish! (y)

Yes but against all odds I put him in. It's been a few weeks and no problems. He keeps to himself and doesn't bother my other fish. Although he is a cichlid, he is one of the least aggressive. Also he was tank raised with similar water conditions to my tank. My local fish guy ( who is huge) said the mix was fine.

Back
Top Bottom