my 5.5 gallon guppy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've no clue what type of internal filter to get, haven't really thought into it too much. They are easy enough to hide with plants.

The more I think about it I may end up skipping the filter and just putting a light over it, stick something like lucky bamboo halfway out of it along with some hornwort and a handful of pygmy sunfish.

Dangora said:
Plus a HOB pretty much ruins the whole flow of the chi, which was pretty much a big development point for it. It kills the feng shui, if you know what I mean. I'm pretty much not convinced on this. Not impressed by the Fluval Edge either :ermm:

The fluval edge is way better though, it has an aquaclear filter and its really cool how u can fill the water all the way to the top and have a top view too.

The fluval edge is way better though, it has an aquaclear filter and its really cool how u can fill the water all the way to the top and have a top view too.

For the price though, it simply doesn't impress me. It's like you're paying for the modern-style look. Call me crazy, but I like my old-fashion rectangular aquarium.

I looked at the Edge but they look like they might a massive pain to clean. You have to access the entire tank from that little opening in the top. I was actually leaning toward buying it (what a cool looking tank!) until I actually saw it in person. I don't think the chi would be for everyone. It's small, the filter is okay but not great and the lighting is really dim. So dont plan on a well stocked and heavily planted scape in this one. But if you are looking for an easy and good looking little tank for a betta... I really do like it.

Although it is nice that they give you an AquaClear. Atleast you get good filtration with it. But I bet the lights are terrible like with every other Fluval tank. All the reviews I read about their tanks (Spec, EBI, Chi, etc) talk about how bad the lights are.

I've seen lots of nice de-rimmed 10g's.

I agree about the edge, looks cool, but functionality seems sub-par at best, and looks like a PITA to clean lol.

The Chi light actually works nice if you put a single stem/stem bunch in the center, kind of puts it in the spotlight.

I've seen lots of nice de-rimmed 10g's.

I was looking at a thread on that in the DIY subforum, and I'm still kind of not crazy about the idea. You have to be really careful on the corners that you don't take off too much silicon. I'm not totally sold on the idea, yet, but I do like the outcome visually.

Dangora said:
Is that a fluval chi? How do you like it? One of the guys at my lfs keeps telling me I should set one up for a nice betta but I'm running low on space and money. Good investment?

Great investment for a betta. But for guppies, I don't think so. Betta's are usually more calm, and don't try to jump out very much. I had two of my guppies jump out. But I saved both of them. :) the chi is beautiful, and with a betta it would be even better.

finally, the plexiglass lid is done! :) now I have the better light on the tank. I think it looks even better now. :)

Back
Top Bottom