Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Members Freshwater Tanks Showcase

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My 55 gal FW

This is a pic of my 55 g FW.

Eheim classic cannister
Jeager heater

The piece of wood and rocks found at local lake.

Guppies
Ghost cats
Neon tetras
Peppered corys
Angelfish
Gourami

I had a male and female gourami in the tank, but the male bullied 3 angels and 2 neons until the died. He is now in a 20 gallon with a cory.

This tank has been set up about two months now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2111958447.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	38521  

Old 05-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Very cool! I especially like the native driftwood and rocks! I have a few native pieces in my 55g, as well, (a piece of petrified wood and an arrowhead).

Keep up the good work!

Sorry about the loss of your Angels and Neons. Was it a Dwarf Gourami that bullied them?

McLumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #3

No it was a three spot gourami. LFS said they wouldn't be a problem. Boy was they wrong. He actually had the female gourami hidden under a rock he chased her so much, and had all my guppies and neons staying at one end of the tank. He came close to going down the slipper side in the round water park in my bathroom. But I put him in a 15 gallon I had along with a Cory. He calmed down so I put the female in after 3 days, but he started chasing her so I had to put her back into the 55.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmccluer View Post
No it was a three spot gourami. LFS said they wouldn't be a problem. Boy was they wrong. He actually had the female gourami hidden under a rock he chased her so much, and had all my guppies and neons staying at one end of the tank. He came close to going down the slipper side in the round water park in my bathroom. But I put him in a 15 gallon I had along with a Cory. He calmed down so I put the female in after 3 days, but he started chasing her so I had to put her back into the 55.
Oh, I see. Yeah, I never trust the LFS folks anymore. That's why I'm a member on here. At least he seems to be doing ok w/ your Cory.

"He came close to going down the slipper side in the round water park in my bathroom."

Ok, that's just wrong!
McLumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks great! What lighting rig is that? I'm looking in to upgrading mine at some point.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #6

Thanks for compliments! Just the reg light that came with it. It was a CL buy. If I remember I'll look tomorrow morning during pwc.

Tags
55 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com