my 55 gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it is a much darker color, like greenish. and it's belly/throat is red. i don't know why it doesn't show up that way in the video.

well my tank changes like every 2 days haha. most recent picture..

tank81109.jpg

just makes me want real plants that much more haha

Great looking tank, that's kind of what I'm looking to do with my 55g, when I go get 'er.

thanks. i don't know whether or not the plants are going to grow much, or even survive but i am trying them out to see how they do. my favorite is the micro sword (on the left near the base of the driftwood). i want to get a couple more of those to use as foreground plants.

if youve just got the lights that came with the tank, they probably wont do any good. incredipet has a real deal on some t5 lighting, you might wanna go check it out. looks nice though

i cant remember exactly, my fiance was rushing me because her feet are swelling up ( she says this is our first and last baby lol), i think it was like $75, I remember it saying it had a daylight bulb and a true actinic... i dont know much about lighting, but it would be worth the 10 minute trip down there to check it out... theyve got some really good deals on stuff down there, i saw an API master fw test kit for $20...

yeah, all those plants died over the course of a few days. :(

it looked the best it ever had before too.

ive found after experimenting with plants, that it takes some good lighting to grow them. i dont have goodl ighting, so i cant grow them at all

yeah i'm over it. the tank looked great, but i'd rather have lots of wood and keep the rest open. i think it kind of looks good with no plants. i'm looking for another couple pieces of driftwood. i want to fill my tank with it.

oh, just to mention, i have plants in the shrimp tank and the 30g, not the mbuna tank... they ate roots and all on the plants i tried in there lol

Back
Top Bottom