My 55 planted - I hope!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow that looks awesome! I love the glass vase Idea, though I dont think I could ever make it look as original as that :) amazing job!!!!
can we get some specs on that tank? :D

Specs please :)

I like the idea. I plan on doing the same idea for a goldfish tank. Putting plants in pots and vases. Its something different. Nice tank.

Thanks!

Specs - the best I can do

I used eco-complete to plant in and a mix of it and plain gravel for the rest.
I've got a fluval 305 running, but it's handicapped by a sponge to protect my shrimp.
I've only got DIY CO2 at the moment, but I hope to upgrade soon.
lighting is 6500k T5 with four 54w bulbs. The "day" starts with just two bulbs for 2 hours and then both bulbs for 4 hours and the just 2 for the last two hours.

As for plants I've forgot most of the names (I moved this from my older tank) there are swords, hair grass, dwarf baby tears, Red Ludwigia, foxtail, Red Water Milfoil, and a couple more I have no idea on.

There are brigs, blue shrimp, bristlenoses(4), neons(6), corys(3), and what I think is a white cheek goby. The goby is behaving well so right now he can stay.

If you notice there is a square plate in the right hand side. That's where I feed and they all eat the same food. It's a hand made food that I did for the brigs, but they all love it. The glass "plate" makes cleaning easier.

Im going to try that with the "plate". All my fish eat the same food so that can make it easier. You have Cryptocoryne Wendtii from what the pics show as well.

Very beautiful! I like the idea of a plate for the feedings. It would certainly make cleaning it up much easier when you need to!
I like the interest the various height containers created.
Very nice job!

Back
Top Bottom